Returning '99 Player Looking For the Full Chanter Solo Charming experience!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DoubleA, Jun 23, 2017.

1. DoubleA New Member

I haven't played in 15 years and when I did I was always a monk, SK, wiz, necro, mage, or bard! I always wanted to try an Enchanter but it was much too daunting for me at the time.

I'd love to jump into the game, make a Chanter and do all the cool things that Chanters do! I want Illusions, I want Clarity, I want to Charm solo!

Is Charm soloing still a thing? I thought I'd read that Charming gets nerfed higher up or is pretty much non-existant. Do Chanters ever Charm during raids, or are their main roles Mezzing and keeping Clarity up?

Can anyone recommend a server that might fit me best? Would I be better suited for a Project 99 or server?

Thank you very much for all the help!
  2. High Voltage Augur

3. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

i never play enchanter but if you want to be a powerful enchanter play on agnarr, otherwise you can play on live too and they are powerful. there's even a youtube of a girl enchanter 105 tanking mobs but i think the tanking thing got nerfed. on TLP charm is supposedly so overpowered that people think that enchanters should be nerfed in some way, i recommended a few ways to preserve the power but make it not sustainable and ppl said "omg that's too much" but wow does it with their OP abilities and ppl are balanced.