Returning 66 Cleric

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Masc, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Masc New Member

Left in 2004 and just got back on. Went through a lot of the tutorial. Now getting used to my Cleric. I was a big raider back then in Forsaken so have pretty good gear from that xpac and have my water sprinkler.

Coming back, I assume there may be a lot better gear I can buy quickly. I'm going to get a krono and sell it as it seems the easieat way to get ahead.

Question...is there any gear I should look for in the bazaar that can really help me out? I am getting spanked by a level 59 mob as I try to do a quest, with a tier 2 merc. I'm going to upgrade him to tier 5 as the tier 2 dies quick.

Any gear thoughts and other thoughts in general? I fear a Cleric might not be the best to start EQ with again but part of my young life is tied to the memories of this toon and I'd like to keep using him.

I'm on Povar and if anyone has a casual guild, my toon's name is Masculine. Thanks in advance.
  2. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Defiant gear. (elegant defiant, etc.)
  3. Bernel Augur

I recently came back and have been progressing my char who was about at the same level. Talk to Franklin Teek in PoK to do the hot zone quests. You'll get good exp in the zone and the quest reward will be a nice piece of Defiant gear. He gives out quests for different level ranges. Do the ones for lower level then you are to get that lower gear and then do the ones for the higher level to get the better ones. Mobs occasionally drop Defiant gear, so you may get a few pieces along the way. Definitely get the highest level merc you can, but even then they are kind of wimpy.

Plat and gear comes pretty easily now, so you don't necessarily need to get a Krono for plat. One way to help get plat is to use /barter. If you're not aware, it's like /bazaar but it has buyers looking for stuff. Lots of tradeskill trash that sells to vendors for nothing will go for 10's or 100's of plat to buyers in /barter. It's also a good way to clear out some inventory slots if you're full when you're out in some remote zone. You can sell directly from the /barter window without having to go to the Bazaar or anything.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I came back in 2014 as a 65 cleric, and I can tell you that joining a friendly/family style guild actually willing to help a returning player learn the ropes made all the difference.
  5. Crystilla Augur

Make sure your mercenary is a "journeyman" tier V and not an "apprentice" tier V. There is a huge difference.

Guild wise to move around initially (until you find a guild you like to join), in the guild lobby, there is an NPC at the entrance where you can do a quest which will give you a guild hall to join so you can move around the expansions easier. It also provides an augment for your armor that can be useful while you get back up to speed.
  6. Pano Augur

If you can box a tank or a mage, it'll help leveling up a cleric as we are absolutely atrocious in soloing. We can, but it's so, so slow.

While unrelated to the question, if you are going to grind up a cleric, here are helpful AA. The list may not be entirely up to date as it was done somewhere in RoS, but the cleric AA haven't changed much. If anyone sees anything missing, please feel free to add it to the list.

Archetype Tab
    Forceful Rejuvenation
    Gift of Mana
    Healing Adept
    Healing Boon
    Healing Frenzy
    Healing Gift
    Mass Group Buff
    Mnemonic Retention
    Persistent Casting
    Purified Spirits
    Quick Buff
    Radiant Cure
    Secondary Forte
    Shield Block
    Spell Casting Mastery
    Spell Casting Reinforcement
    Tranquil Blessing
    Twinheal
    Yaulp (Lesser)

Class tab
    Beacon of Life
    Blessing of Resurrection
    Burst of Life
    Celestial Rapidity
    Celestial Regeneration
    Channeling the Divine
    Divine Arbitration
    Divine Avatar
    Divine Guardian
    Divine Peace
    Divine Resurrection
    Flurry of Life
    Focused Celestial Regeneration
    Fundament: Third Spire of Divinity
    Group Purify Soul
    Promised Interposition (useful in raid, sometimes)
    Purify Soul
    Quiet Miracle
    Sanctified Blessing
    Spirit Mastery
    Touch of the Divine
    Tunare's Grace
    Veturika's Perseverance

Focus tab
    Focus: Spiritual Remedy
    Focus: Syllable of Convalescence
    Hastened Divine Intervention
    Hastened Renewal
    Improved Intervention
    Reaching Divine Intervention
    Templar's Synergy
    Unfailing Divinity
  7. Masc New Member

Great stuff, thanks everyone. I'm boxing a War and Bard and the fun factor skyrocketed. Slowly learning everything. Bard melody is tripping me up, can only seem to have it apply 2 things at once, not 4 or 5 like I see in forums but that may be because of low level, only 18 right now.
  8. Heatwave Journeyman

Fizzling the songs is your problems at low levels.

Once you get your skills up to max at each instrument type, will not be an issue.

You can afk in a safe place just singing a certain song, to max your skill in it quickly as you level.

/melody 1 2 3 4 5 should work very well for you at lower levels.