Returning 60 Shaman Question

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tugg the Mystic, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Tugg the Mystic New Member

Gone a long time, forgot nearly everything, except the nightmares of OCD cannibilize buffing on raids. Ha.

Just wondering where I even begin, what are the first things I should do when I get in. Used to be a multifaceted Shaman, from meleeing and pet dpsing and self tanking tough stuff solo (One time I meleed my way through sebilite golems to Trakanon myself before this was thought possible), then going to raids and being buffer and debuffer (malaise, turgur i think?)[raid exp was up to the Sleeper, my guild got first release on the server], or filling holes in small groups if they needed someone who could offheal, mainheal, do 2ndary CC with root, occasionally take a hit if needed to get mobs off the cleric type stuff.

Logged out in Frontier mountains. Not sure WHERE I logged out, kinda worried I might have logged out in a bad spot lol. And might die on login. But not remembering the UI, Spells, etc, I'm wondering how I should be prepared once I get back in. Won't know anyone to call for help if I log in and bite the dust, and may not even know how to get back to my corpse (if that's still a thing). I was bound in a portal room in the ocean. I don't know if that's still a thing. So if I recall I might go there, and die from the dragon. LOL.

Uh yea any advice fellow Shammies :D
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Roll a new lv 1 toon. Do the tutorial till you finish it. Roll a 2nd class, and run it again. After that, you'll have your feet wet with current EQ, and know better what questions to ask.
  3. Raccoo Augur

On login screen choose "Return Home" and it'll send you to the spot you first logged into the game in your starting city. Also you no longer lose your gear if you lose a corpse, only XP if you don't get the corpse to rez.
  4. Tugg the Mystic New Member

Thank you Raccoo for specifically helping alleviate worry of logging in and ruining the character forever lol! Haven't logged him in yet for fear of harming the character but now I can! Glad to hear corpse runs are not a thing any more. Not that I ever really died a lot (and at the time I knew people for help at least) but memory is that the game did everything in its' power to keep you "locked" onto it, corpse runs were a different form of that. Keeping you "locked" to the game to recover your corpse before it vanished.

Solid adive from Dythan to help me get used to the new way things are. (I have a 57 Iksar Monk I logged in yesterday too, spent a while trying to understand melee mechanics and the UI now)

How is Shaman these days, other priests still jealous of us? :D Kidding, kinda! Read some posts, seems we got some dps shaman out there and some shaman fitting multiple roles like old days. Seems like it might be kinda good at the high end?

What zone would it be best for me to try to re-learn my shaman abilities and like how to..do..anything.. without too much danger (IE I could run away like a scared little ogre girl if needed), yet maybe get some xp in the process?

Is it worth doing that Heroic 85 thing to bypass 60 to 85? Is Ogre still the solid racial Shaman choice? I always liked trolls for the regen but Ogre had a ring to it. Sucks how they changed my appearance, I just look like a Barbarian who ate too much Mac and Cheese now. Gone is my vapid toothy grin of comical nature. Boo.
  5. Firedog New Member

If you are Pay to play, I would skip to level 85. You get Heroic gear and an upgraded mercenary. Shammies at high levels are extremely useful. I have a 113 and a 115 shammy. You can still solo with your shammy, but not as well as at lower levels. Yes, you will still be constantly chewing on your leg to gather mana. I suggest finding a low level zone and just practice and learning you spells and mechanics again. Don't worry about experiencing for a bit. Just learn what spells do what and get a feel for you character again. Also, make sure when you first log on, go to the Alternate Advancement window and click on the Autogrant button in the upper right corner. You will get a lot of free AAs immediately automatically assigned to the proper categories. Read them closely and learn what they do also. Another thing to note. Everyone gets the Veteran Rewards now so you will have Lesson of the Devoted, Expedient Recovery (100% rez every 48 hours) and many more benefits. By the way, both of my shammies are Barbarians.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If your lost now at level 60 then you will be hopelessly lost if you skip to 85. You only get that upgraded merc if your a paid account. Like auto grant also is only for paid accounts. If you do go paid and get the auto grant you usually get about 4000 AA all at once, that's a lot to go through at one time.

You won't spend long at level 60 anyway - exp is so fast nowdays

Once you have run thru the tutorial then go to POK and speak with Franklin Teek in POK and do the daily hot zones. These will offer you level appropriate tasks in old zones that give you bonus exp, armor and a nice hot zone aug. Get a couple at a time since if you only get one then you have to wait 24 hours to get it again. You could get the level 50/55/60's .

You will need to google some sites to find the best non prestige armor if you stay Silver (I mentioned in your other post about which classification you are) I found this one very helpful for non prestige armor and augs:

http://eqshadowknight.net/showthread.php?p=224445
  7. Ninjaface New Member

2 questions. Re: Autogrant, if one does this, is it better to do RIGHT AWAY or hold off til 85 (or some higher level) so they get more at once?

2nd Question, how do I access the "Veteran rewards" to see what I get? Are they just automatically in my spell book? Thanks

Karg Icebear says hai!
  8. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Auto grant is a toggle check box on your alternate advancement screen in the upper right corner. V is the default to open this window but there is also a button on the default UI in the bottom left of your inventory screen to open it as well. If the "Auto Grant AA" box is checked when you log in you'll be auto granted all the AAs up to the level that you are. So you'll get everything up to level 60. When you ding to 61 and the box is still checked you'll get all the AAs up to level 61. This works all the way until level 105 when it stops. Everything from the Broken Mirror and older will be granted by then so you'll have to grind the AAs for Empires of Kunark through Torment of Velious.

Your veteran rewards are listed on your "Special" tab of your alternate advancement window and you should be able to scroll through them there.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If your only going paid for one month then hold off on the auto grant till higher level.

In other words auto grant only continues if you continue to pay. So say you pay at level 60, do the auto grant and then go back to free. Your auto grant will stop. And since the auto grant put you over the limits for Silver/F2P you will not be able to earn more AA until you pay up again.

That is why most people earn the max AA while Silver or F2P and that tides them over until they go paid for the auto grant. Most players do that around level 80 and up.

If you can hold off another month then there should be bonus exp weekend coming up in Sept and if you go paid during that month you can do your auto grant AND earn more AA with that bonus exp. Like tradeskill AA and a couple caster ones.