Returning 53 Druid

Discussion in 'Priests' started by wedil, Nov 13, 2022.

1. wedil New Member

Returning druid after many many years, What would be by spell rotation to kite? Not sure what stacks, Also good place to kite will also help.
    Thanks
  2. Treiln Augur

Imma preface this by saying I don’t play a Druid…and I’ll give a line out for what feels natural for my fingers and what I press, but!

A nice QoL that’s happened is you can right click a spell gem, and select spells that way. And they’re conveniently categorized and sun-categorized. So you can right click, select heals, and from heals select heals, or cures, or whatever else falls into the sub category and select the spell you want.

So same can be said for your damage spells. Damage over time —> Fire —> spell name.

1) Forests Renewal (Heal: lvl 49)
    2) Tangle (Snare: lvl 50)
    3) Breath of Ro (DoT + Debuff: lvl 52)
    4) Winged Death (Magic DoT: lvl 53)
    5) Vengeance of the Wild (Magic DoT: lvl 49)
    6) Starfire (Fire DD: lvl 48)
    7) Ice (Ice DD: lvl 47)
    8) Dealers Choice: Root / another DD / AE DD / evac

That’s how I’d set it up. I feel like I’m missing a Fire DoT in there but I forget if they made it to so the Immolate line (dot + debuff) stacked with the other DoTs or not. As far as rotation. Pretty much go in order. Snare, debuff, DoT, DoT, DoT, Nuke Nuke until dead OR kite and refresh DoTs as needed.

As for where to kite? TSS zones may be good. Can give Goru’kar Mesa and The Roost a shot. Mesa may be a little low, and the roost has plenty of room. Check out the hot zone quests from Franklin Teek in PoK. Would be a good place to start :)

Welcome back to EQ!
  3. wedil New Member

Thank you so much. I tried right clicking everything and cant get the categories to appear.
  4. wedil New Member

Figured it out thanks
    Treiln likes this.
  5. Treiln Augur

Not sure if you’ve played since they’ve added in mercenaries or not. But you can grab a Tank Merc, and throw Thorns on it and it’ll be like a free PL all the way to level 90. DoT up 3-4 mobs and watch the merc mow them all down. You’ve got heals if things get out of control ;)
    Dre. likes this.
  6. wedil New Member

Excellent advice since Im not doing well kiting.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You >can< kite using DoTs, but depending on your AAs (which favor DDs over DoTs at that level range), you'd be better off using the traditional druid kiting spells - the ones which hit 4 mobs at a time.

There was a place in Maiden's Eye (the original, not the new one in ToL, obviously) where I quadded a LOT back in the day, and it was pretty good XP. The mobs I hit were "an umbrous toiler". There are quite a few to pick from, lots of space, and I think at 53, should be a good level.

When I did this (back when Luclin was the current expac), I was able to grab quite a few at once and burn them down before running OOM. And this was before Defiant gear and all the rest of the modern gear updates. With gear available today? Should be able to really destroy them :)

However, if just getting XP the quickest is your goal, kiting with DDs or DoTs is not the way to go. Learn to swarm-charm. Find an area with non-summoning animals of the correct level (light blue or dark blue), round a bunch up, making sure to hit each one with snare and the animal-only magic resist debuff. Then, once they're all in a nice tight ball, charm one, and sick it on one of the other. The one you charmed will start getting attacked by all the others. Invis before it dies (to break the charm), and then charm a different one, and have it attack the one which is almost dead. Rinse and repeat til they're all dead but one, and then root that one and nuke/DoT it til dead. That's the fastest XP in the game, solo, for any class.
  8. wedil New Member

Great info thanks