Returnee Help Needed!!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Briarwood, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Briarwood New Member

Hey there Norrath!

I used to play many years ago and I am looking to head back.
    I'm looking for some advice if you don't mind.

Server - I would love to group with people/be an active member of a guild, i'm UK based, worried that starting from scratch on say AB I would never get a group (or at least for a long time) Are there any TLP's you can recommend that have steady population? Ones with EU guilds!

Class - I'm thinking druid maybe, so I can solo a bit if I'm alone, I did main bard years ago and always has a special place in my heart, what do you think?

Really hope to commit to a server/class soon so I can get the grind on!

Thanks for reading :)
  2. Rotlust Augur

Mangler. I usually play during EU hours and NEVER have issues finding a group. I have tried migrating to a closer to live server, but unless you like the play style of boxing I wouldn't bother.

Mangler is absolutely huge, and people still like to group with other human beings there.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

AB does have a few low level guilds. If you are looking to get to end game I'd avoid TLPs they only tend to last around a year.

What are your aims?
    Do you intend to rush to the end or stop off and enjoy the content of each level?

Druid is a good choice. Wanted in groups but also capable of soloing.

If you pick AB shoot me a message I have a few chars of various levels I could group with.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

We have an ENC that is UK based and currently living in China. You can make it work if you want to. We raid at nights so she just raids before work instead of after.

Class is very personality dependent. I have tried many classes and nothing in any way is acceptable as a substitute for enchanter for me. I have no interest in playing a druid, although others have only played druids. I think you can ask people why they do or don't like a class, but I find that information to be mostly irrelevant as your you-ness is what makes the class the right class for you.