Return to sender

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Plumbus, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Plumbus Lorekeeper

Would like to see a return to sender feature/button, added to the parcel system.
    Jhenna_BB, Elyssanda and Yinla like this.
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

Why so you can sing an old Elvis song as you hit the button? Its almost as easy to just type in the name once, then hit next item and that name will be there already for ya.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well if you try to send a lore item the recipient already has it does get returned to you.

What would be the purpose of this? If you wanted to return something just do as Flatchy says - parcel it back.

If someone is not the intended recipient then I doubt they are going to return it to you anyway.

Can't see where this would be of benefit?
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

This would certainly be a cool feature to have, if it wasn't hard to implement.

What would be the benefit? Not having to dig through bags to find it, and type out the name again. Simple convenience.
    Nniki and Yinla like this.
  5. KarmaKitty Augur

This along with COD. I've run into several scammers that would gladly pay me Tuesday for a hamburger today... (Doh! its Tuesday). Having on option to require the recipient to pay sender (parcel bot as proxy) prior to parcel delivery. Also, important that the parcel be returned to sender if not delivered after X days.
    I'll ignore economic issues associated with cross-server transfers.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

So what you want is a way to sell something through the parcel service then? I have sent stuff to people I know on a promise to pay later, but even a troll is smart enough not to do it for unknowns.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

COD would take a lot more coding... really not needed to be honest.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Already in game - its called a trader. You set it up with price and other person buys from you. They can do it remotely and pay a fee or go to the baz.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. KarmaKitty Augur

Other way around. I have had people send email offering to buy bulk at a discount via parcel. Since there is no COD, I declined. If they were legit, they were out a good deal. If not, they moved on to the next target. Never heard from them again.

As for the parcel fee, I tend to shop in person most of the time to avoid it.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I can just see it. Trolls sending out all sorts of packages with large plat charges hoping someone would accidentally hit accept and lose a bunch of plat. No thanks.
  11. KarmaKitty Augur

Always a loop hole to exploit.