Return player seeks new class... thinking enchanter? (no troll)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Slayerwolf, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Slayerwolf Elder

Hello all!

I quit my SK after getting 110 as I just felt I had plateaued. I got to the point where I could some (not all) t1 RoS named, and the only thing left for me in game was to farm money to buy raid gear (due to IRL demands, I can't raid).:(

However, I have been thinking about rolling an enchanter for some time, although I can hardly find any info on the class. Can t2 RoS group geared chanters molo t1 RoS group named? If not, I won't even bother. That's basically my question. I see that they got nerfed today (terrible timing!!!), but with charm and whatnot, I would imagine they still have a few tricks up their sleeves?

To enchanter or not to enchanter... :eek: :p
  2. Aurastrider Augur

My enchanter is only a buff bot so I wont be able to provide anything meaningful outside of suggesting posting something in the class section. I don't pay much attention to the enchanter threads but if the grandmaster enchanters are as helpful as the sk and mage grandmasters they should be able to shed a little more light onto the possibility of what you are asking to do and how to achieve it.
  3. Thraine Augur

i personally love my chanter, hes the best box toon i got. however in the latest 24 hour patch they cut chanters DoTs in half .. so if your looking for DPS, the enchanter is prolly not the best way to go anymore.
  4. Denial_Sinfae Augur

110 is a return player? Hrm. Smells ulterior.

Try a mage or beast if your goal is just to solo named. I know a couple beasts that solo named in VP. They're fantastic at the moment.
  5. Mazame Augur

The Enchanter is one of the most challenging classes to play that EQ offers.

"Can t2 RoS group geared chanters molo t1 RoS group named? "

This question is not a simple yes / no So I will do my best.

As you played an SK before I know they can solo / molo most stuff. With RoS even a SK will struggle with Moloing some of the T1 RoS named like Needle for example. With Ros they put they buffed up the group named with funky mechanics that make them harder to solo. With that said their is a you-tub video of a Ranger solo ( not molo just soloing ) a named in Skyfire.

So back to your question Soloing / Moloing a RoS T1 named is possible with an enchanter based on what name your trying to kill and what mechanics he has.

I say soloing because based on how your playing the chanter, like the SK the merc is not need and can some times be a pain to have out. Chanter have more then just DoT's that were nerffed in this patch. The play style will be very different from the SK you are used to.

Charm tanking ( use a merc and have charm pet act like other pet classes )
    Reverse Charming ( no merc. charm a mob use other mobs to get it low hp break charm and you kill it. )
    Chanter Rune / Stun tanking. ( Not tried this in years it was nerffed while I was away from what I read. but may still be doable based on where your fighting and what your fighting.

Grouping ( I know you talked about moloing but a chanter has many ADPS tools so in the right group you can make killing much faster for the group and that not changed with the patch. )
    * Chanter pulling is some of the best pulling in the game.
    * CC you can lock down 6 to 30+ mobs based on your skill.
    * IoG, Twin cast, mana return. You can keep caster burning.

As other posted above most chanter are buff bot / boxed and so it hard to find a skilled chanter. They are cloth not plate so you will die a lot learning to get good. but it you are willing to stick with it and able to think out side the box a skilled chanter can solo a lot of content.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Chanter? /smirk

I like 6 come 18 hour patches AND enchanters. Can't beat that combo.

I think on TLP (Agnarr in particular) Ench might retain some of their former value.
  7. Brohg Augur

Enchanter is a fabulous class. The dot nerf is real, but it's JUST the dots
    moogs and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  8. AnzoRagespirit Augur

For now..../evil laughter