Retiring

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danille, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elricvonclief Augur

Take care, Danille.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Yimin Augur

I would like to thank you in all you have done for the Mage class over time , I hope and wish you find success in what ever you want in this life ...

YiMin
  3. Yimin Augur

I agree the Mage class has been taken apart completely

Yimin
  4. Nuttann Elder

Danille,

It was great playing with you back in Sol Invictus. People like you made it tough for me to choose to server transfer to group with and help wife out. It was good to group and raid with someone like yourself who knew their class and was fun to play with. It turns out wife stopped playing about a year after I transferred anyways, but I held out for a few years. I eventually considered coming back, but even SI folded by the time I considered that. Good luck in your future endeavors.

I retired both from work and the game earlier this year. I still have no free time, but get a lot more accomplished in RL including some coding. EQ was my stress release from work. EQ was a lot more interesting to me years ago. The game and population has changed over the years to where it has become less interesting to me now. While I miss EQ every so often, I think less and less about it. May you get to that point soon.

Nuttann
  5. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Not sure people realize how big a loss this is.

A while back Zek lost probably the 2nd best ranger it ever had. He was the kind of career PvPer you just wouldn't think would be able to stay on a blue server and stay entertained. He went to Bristlebane to play with Sol Invictus, and always had a million good things to say about Danille.

There are a very few EQ players who generate this kind of loyalty, and who by being good stewards of their corner of the game manage to keep other people logging in week after week. Danille was one of those players.

Hoping RL is really good to you. Plenty of people in EQ owe you a good portion of the good times they had on here.
    KC13 and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Keille New Member

Good luck Danille.
    Your contribution to the community has been important and you will be missed.
    I am an AYA UI user since Kanon created it and I have been greatful over the years for you keeping it alive and improved. I want to thank you for thinking of us and working on something so we can keep using it :) I know others have pitched in to help and I'm not forgetting them either !

The game has changed a lot and I know the feeling, having main changed also to avoid quitting, EQ community being the best I ever encountered.

*bow*
  7. Kravitz Augur

See ya in a few months!
  8. Vdidar Augur

Also does this mean your leaving Yi Min in charge of the mage tower?
  9. Millianna Augur

It's been a blast playing EQ over the few years. This weekend, I'll be giving my stuff away to my friends and started this thread to say goodbye to those I may miss. The reason for my retirement is that I simply don't care for the current development direction. The community at large, was expecting a new level change and we got inflated AAs instead. Now, I can live without the level change. It's the way the community was addressed and the fact that I cannot stomach anymore HAs.

Thanks for the fun times,

-Millianna
    Razden, Dibab and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. blaydh New Member

Best of luck to you.
  11. Qalliel Lorekeeper

I cant seem to throw in the towel I always come back for some fun, but I agree I am nowhere nearly in love with this game as I used to be DBG has just been horrible, support, service, community its all gone so far downhill
  12. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Same here. I was a guild leader for 6 years. After 6 years, plus the direction of the game.. And I'm just feeling really burnt out. I do log in once in a blue moon to say hi to people, but as far as actually enjoying the game.. It's been a long time since I've actually enjoyed myself.
    Rivitt, Qalliel and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. ethyre Augur

Same here. I was super active. I was raid leader for my guild. Was featured player on Allakhazam, class correspondent for SOE, had four accounts. Spent about 30 hours per week in Norrath for 4-5 years. Estimated that I've spent (literally) over $5000 on EQ over 17 years.

After HoT things started changing and have not been nearly as engaging for me. I played on a progression server and suffered significant unfair treatments - even to the point of being punished twice for server-wide exploits even though I proved they never touched me.

Anyway, every couple months I log in just to see if I can fall in love with the game again and I just get this really unpleasant feeling about how the experience has been ruined for me.

I keep clinging to a sliver of hope that something will bring me back home....but every time I think about it I get really uncomfortable about the disregard aimed at players (aka paying customers)
  14. ethyre Augur

I started playing 1999 and had three mains: a druid for about 3 years, then 6 years as a chanter main then a mage for about 8 years. The last several of these years have been heartbreaking and infuriating.
    Yimin likes this.
  15. Natal Augur

I am curious....why do you think we care?
  16. Sancus Augur

Based on this thread it seems like at least some of us do....
    RPoo, Geroblue, Miss_Jackie and 5 others like this.
  17. Marcos New Member

Safe Travels Danille,
    I always enjoyed running around in SI with you.

Marcos Blacstaff
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I am curious, why post in a thread you don't care about?
    KC13, Rivitt, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  19. Natal Augur

It seems narcissistic to me to tell thousands of people who have no idea who you are and have never heard of you that you won't be playing any more. Why do we need to know this information?

I am curious what motivates people to do something like that.
  20. Cicelee Augur

Danille was one of the moderators of the go to website for magicians. Danille also has maintained one of the more popular EQ UI programs out there. Danille has created content for the game, taking place in Convorteum. Danille has also attended multiple EQ conventions over the years, meeting both players and developers alike.

Danille isn't just some no name, run of the mill, general, average player. There are a few players in Everquest who are allowed to post a retirement thread on the EQ boards. Danille is one of them...
    Rivitt, RPoo, Miss_Jackie and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.