Retired Returning & SparxxUI

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smallpox, May 12, 2015.

1. Smallpox Augur

Greetings fellow Norrathians,

I would like to start out by publicly thanking Leigo, and Yraen (on EQInterface.com) for keeping SparxxUI current in my absence. In the next few days I will be disabling the Patch & Addon’s section, rolling in the changes (as well as a host of others), and updating SparxxUI to v18.

An even bigger thank you goes out to all of the users of SparxxUI. I sincerely enjoy hearing compliments, suggestions, and improvement requests from my users.

I retired (essentially rage quit) back on 10-12-14 during the TDS Beta due to the lack of content and copy-and-paste model for the last few expansions. I still find it disturbing that these were counted as full-price expansions since they are a fraction of the size of a “real” expansion with an overwhelming amount of instances of the same few zones. While I acknowledge that companies need to make their money, this is just lazy, un-creative, and an affront to long time subscribers. While not speaking for everyone, this was just how I felt.

With the revelation of Daybreak taking over, I sincerely hope that the aforementioned model of expansions will be different. (Bring back REAL expansions)

I have been trolling the forums since the takeover and it seems that Daybreak is at least trying to listen to the player-base on a variety of issues/requests. The new TLP server is evidence of that.

Many of us have spent countless hours in Everquest, more often than we care to admit, but it is a game like no other. (Daybreak) please continue to listen to the player-base, make worthy expansions, and let Everquest regain its former glory as the reigning king of MMO’s.

Now…. (scratches head) which button was for feign death again?
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You weren't wrong to feel this way. CotF and TDS were catastrophically, laughably poor in almost every aspect compared to what we used to get in Everquest "expansions". The next content release, aka "campaign" will hopefully tell us a lot about what the new company's plans for the game are.

Good to see you possibly back, however.
    Smallpox and Iila like this.
  3. Lonestar Elder

Dang Dang Dang. . . . . . . Was so easy to stay gone. I too have been trolling the boards hoping things are getting better under new management. I even logged in to look around but when my UI would not work I was like, nope dont even want to try a new one. So now your going to put together the tool that will drag me back in. HOW DARE YOU!..... where is it that in insert my quarters for game plan. Nice to see you return and hopefully more veterans will return and things will look up.
    Smallpox likes this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

There was no taking over. Daybreak is exactly the same people that SOE was. THey just report to a different corporate overlord, but otherwise exactly the same.
  5. Silentchaos Augur

Welcome back and thanks for your ui
    Smallpox likes this.
  6. Smallpox Augur

You bet :) Glad to be back!
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Sometimes, it's the overlord that is the problem. Ever play Star Trek Online? Things were going ok when Cryptic was beholden only to themselves. When they got bought by Atari, things slid downhill some, but not too bad. Then, Perfect World took over and it's declined dramatically.
    Smallpox likes this.
  8. Mythaniel Elder

Glad to see you back man. I've been using sparxx for a couple years now and love it. I also recommended it to a few guildies as well and they are using it. :)
  9. Smallpox Augur

Thank you much :)

Version 18.0 is ready for download :cool: