Rethinking my Type 5 Augs

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Password1234, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Password1234 Augur

To make it short, is there any real downside to converting all of my hDex augs to hSta on my group-geared SK? If anyone has gone away from hDex, is the change in DPS noticeable? Also, is there a point of diminishing returns with heroic stats, or is it better to just focus on raising one?

The conventional wisdom used to be that hDex was best for group tanks. I recently switched to hSta on my boxes has help keep them from dying to AEs on named, which has made me think about what I should do with my SK now that I'm gearing him up again.
  2. Gnomereaper Augur

In essence, I wouldn't even bother with that. Most of the damage you're taking from nameds are from the melee damage as a tank, and that's your primary job. The reason why people convert from HDex to HSta is because raid mobs the HDex stat doesn't function which is mainly a warrior job anyway. What you really want to do is look at your base Type 7/8 augments all around for AC/HP/HDex. After that look at your spell set and look at others with more experience to improve that as well as disc functionality.

Blood Drinker's Vial
    COA BP

Those two clicks help with weapon damage to convert to HP's and are really great items to get. There are more items, but I'd look more into technique and skill adjustments than messing around with something's that fairly universally looked at and highly recommended last few years such as that for SK's.
  3. p2aa Augur

Keep Hdex on your SK. HDex remains the best stat for tanks doing group content only because the 2 avoidance skills work on group mobs. Just focus on Hdex only, don't balance with other stats, because if you want to be able to bypass the Hstrikethrough values of groups mobs you need max level you can get in it. I often read that there is a cap of Hdex for the offensive side of it (crit chance), but there is no cap for the defensive side of Hdex.
  4. Tucoh Augur

5. Dreadmore Augur

I am never going to find it, but I remember reading on these boards somewhere about a berserker who scored critical hits every single swing by having 3000 dexterity.
  6. Tanols Augur

3000 Displayed Dex was a magic number to hit 100% crit chance with swing attacks with certain discs stacked during burn that lasts 1 min. I have continued to stack HDex and am still seeing gains to DPS with HDex @ 1973 and Displayed over 3500.

More important for a tank class is the defensive gains and perhaps the proc chance gains.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  7. Password1234 Augur

Awesome, thanks everyone.
  8. Brohg Augur

3000 plus his epic running.
  9. josh Augur

I'm late to the party but, I've actually been looking into crit chance lately, i believe the magic number with epic running would be about 3000 for a berserker. the weakest buff crit bonus you are likely to have is chanter haste at 35%, which would mean you would need 4400 dexterity to guarantee crit at all times.

This is only true for berserkers and warriors as they get the innate crit bonus.

The story is much more grim for the rest of us. as an sk, with just enchanter haste, you would need 9500 dexterity. with auspice of the hunter though you would only need 7200 lol.