Restless Ice Type 3 damage aug and Magicians

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Cicelee, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Cicelee Augur

For the smarter data driven magicians and EQ players out there...

I have the 9% restless ice damage aug from TOV. Sancus has the 10% augment.

If we are in the same group on a raid, hit identical spells in identical order, and we use the exact same discs at the same exact time, and everything is equal.... how much more DPS should Sancus do than me?

Number proof always accepted. Thank you to the smart players in advance who respond.

EDIT- I understand RNG. What I don't know is the order as to when bonuses such as restless ice augment, type 3 damage augments, fire focus sleeves, Heart of Skyline, etc... how that computation works out. So knowing how much Sancus' max Spear or Volley (for example) hit is compared to mine with everything being identical except the restless ice aug.... that is what I am trying to understand :)
    OldCa61 likes this.
  2. Szilent Augur

Sancus likes this.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

You might be overanalyzing it. 10% is still better than 9%. Even if it makes his nukes hit for 450 more damage base, they will have a greater max crit and further edge out by 2k-10k at a minimum probably per hit.

No real proof other than FQ mathz.
  4. Cicelee Augur

Thank you. I did not know that 10% is better than 9%.

Thank you to Szilent for the app. It is challenging for me to use it on the phone, user error. When I get to the laptop I will see if I can use it.

Does anyone know at what point does the game calculate the restless ice aug? Is it off the base, after passive AA, after the sleeves focus, etc? As we all know in EQ, 1 percent is not necessarily 1 percent.
    Yendar likes this.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

For a wizard on a 4 spell fire weave (confluence, claw, braid, flash):

Full burn (clicking a bunch of stuff in the adps realm):
    751.5k dps (9%) vs 756.1k dps (10%)

No adps:
    173.8k dps (9) vs 174.8k dps (10)

I suck at EQ formulas, but the adps crit boosts seem to be affecting it. The armor focuses happen at the end so that's not really thing.

Having all your proc augs >>> the last 1 percent in ice.
    Cicelee likes this.
  6. Sancus Augur

Restless Focus uses SPA 413, which is applied to base damage. Focus AAs (and Fortifying Aura, if you have it) also use SPA 413, and are therefore additive with this focus. Anything else that is a % modifier (worn foci, crit damage, etc.) is multiplicative with it. Anything that is a flat damage modifier (e.g. Type 3 augs) is unaffected.

It isn't going to affect procs or pet DPS, so its % contribution to your total DPS is lower than the % change in Spear max hit.
    Cicelee likes this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

So basically it is so minimal that it isn't a stress if you don't have it. Whereas if you don't have a type 19 damage proc then that is more stressful not to have.

As always, thanks. I will go back to chain casting mod rods on raids.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

According to my models, about 237%.

:p