Restless Ice - Restless Ice Infection

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ShadowMan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. ShadowMan Augur

I just don't get the point of a never ending dot that does 71,111 a tic from a normal mob. Why can't it just fade if not cured and thats that? Regardless when I was getting hit with restless ice infection today rather then lasting 5 ticks as its description states it was only lasting 1 tic. Making curing its 50 disease counters problematic as it often just refreshed itself with a fresh 50 counters before it could be cured.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I can also report seeing some of the restless ice buffs morph into the restless ice infection, but with only 6s to cure instead of the expected 30s. I was killing trash in the GD mission instance. Not every restless ice would morph into the 6s infection, but enough did it to be really, really annoying.
  3. ShadowMan Augur

After being hit a whole bunch more it seems to only happen like half the time. So 50% of the time when restless ice fades you get restless ice infection and it does last 30s which is fine for curing. However the rest of the time restless ice infection bugs out and only lasts 5 seconds which doesn't work well with most clickies or mercs. As you remove some of the counters but it then refreshes back to 50 counters before a second cure gets off at times.
  4. Ashian Augur

Why make it refresh itself every 6 or even 30 seconds? Just make it a 60 minute dot and leave the 50 counters. That way we can cure it without the counters constantly resetting.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

I agree completely...they seem to love to make simple things overly complicated for absolutely no reason.

Just triple the time on the initial Restless Ice dot and get rid of the refresh/recast nonsense. It'll still be nasty, it'll still be annoying, and it will still kill you if your healer isn't on top of things. Speaking AS the healer, the way it is now is just overkill. Since it goes to the short duration buff window (song), I either have to rely on people telling me they have it or I have to pay very close attention to health bars and decide that the damage someone is taking is just normal damage or the dot.

The recast/refresh serves no point.
    Gosan Kai and Duder like this.
  6. Duder Augur

It being in the song window with no message makes things unnecessarily difficult. The ability to determine whether another player has restless ice or not without GINA relies completely on what you just mentioned. Trying to determine or judging whether they are taking too much damage and potentially burning cast time on a cure when you don't actually know seems like a mechanic that is in place by oversight rather than intent. I don't understand the logic of putting it as a reapplying buff in the song window. It is untrackable by other players (read curers) unless they have made a GINA trigger or possibly a very annoying ingame audio trigger that still would not tell you WHO has restless ice. No design should implement a debuff that reapplies indefinitely until it is cured and not provide an in-game mechanism capable of making those responsible to cure it somehow aware that the effect is on a particular target. (Such as a debuff icon in the regular buff window and not the song window)