Restless Assault - Zero Loss (group)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Velisaris_MS, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just curious if anyone is willing to share how they got this achievement. We've been trying for a few days and there always seems to be a coldain somewhere that gets eaten.

We're sending the soldiers to two of the camps and buffing the coldain before we start. When we get to the third named, the tank and a healer engage him and that wolf. Then, the rest of us split up and run to the camps to try and engage and kill the others before they can eat any coldain. We appear to be successful, but apparently a coldain dies somwhere and we miss the achievement.

Just wondering what the trick to this is. Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Cadira Augur

High dps and people with tracking and sense animals helps a lot. Ideally you split your group up and have the dogs tanked by people so they aren't eating the coldain. Best option might be to quickly have the tank and tracker find all 3? Dogs and agro them and drag them to the final dog location and kill them there, all being saftely tanked by a PC tank instead of the dorfs.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

We have to split our group to get that achievement. Usually I track the furthest one and go burn it while the rest of the group kills another and then we meet up at the third one. It has to be coordinated well
  4. Petalonyx Augur

The main obstacle to this achieve is the giant that spawns immediately after Darikan and his ice golems. He summons wolves at each camp.

A good strat is to split up into 2 groups. Be ready to burn, and figure out your plan before Darikan dies, so you can jump immeditely into execution.

A wolf spawns at every camp, and you should know where those camps are, and where the spawn points are, and how to get to them.

Each group needs to burst down the first wolf, and head quickly to the second. The giant also needs to be a priority because he typically occupies the soldiers, allowing his wolf to head straight to the vulnerable Coldain. I typically just call my entire group and burn giant and his wolf when i find them.

After much practice, I can pretty dependably alt tab box this achieve with my group of mage-mage-dru-pal. I dont move any guards. Each mage has a healer merc and can pretty easily molo a wolf, or call in pal/dru to assist with dps. The task requires only that nonsoldier (starving, aged, etc) Coldain survive. If I'm slow, 'll sometimes need to step in to take hits even on mage (using all defensive AAs and spells) to keep the nonsoldier coldain from dying if i dont have a tank available.

A mage is generally running to another wolf spawn as wolves are dying. I think mages and any burst DPS (SK esp since they can tank, heal, and burst all by their lonesome) make the achieve much easier. SK make every achieve easier, really.
    Tucoh likes this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Don't over complicate it. 9/10 times it is the wolf or the wolf/giant at the northwest camp that causes a fail. The other 3 camps, the guards engage them as opposed to civilians, and they have to be killing there without you touching them for a long time before you get a fail.

The guards can die without failing the achievement.

Send group to giant, if its on either east side spots you can also pull the other wolf over there. Send one person that can solo the wolf without dying to go get the one in the northwest.
  6. Tucoh Augur

For me the trick was to distribute the coldain guards to the camps to guard the old coldain and then burn when the multi-wolf summoning giant spawns. When I did this we killed the giant and then when we got to the other wolves they were fighting the guards instead of eating the coldain. Splitting the group works well too, of course.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Our group for the last few tries has been SK/mage/bard/ranger/cleric/merc healer (probably should have said that to start with). When we get to that stage, we have the SK tank the named and his wolf with the cleric (me) healing him. We have the bard (and merc) track and engage one with the mage in tow. The ranger (also me) tracks one and engages it. Whoever gets theirs dead first tracks another one and engages.

We can usually get them killed pretty fast, or at least engage them so they're not fighting the coldain. I don't know if we're not getting to them fast enough or if we're just missing something, but a civillian is dying somewhere along the way.

One question I have: is tracking them really necessary or should we just run straight to the camp spots since the wolves seem to end up there?
  8. Tucoh Augur

Send one set of coldain guards to one camp, and send another set to a different camp. Have the mage go to the third camp, and have everyone else charge the named mob. Should be OK if I'm remembering it right, if not, use the ranger to intercept any other wolves.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

OK...thanks. We'll give that a shot and see if we can finally check that box. :)
  10. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

We went in with War/SK/Dru/Enc/Monk/Rogue.

When we hit that point, the War/Dru hit the named and his wolf. Monk took down one, Enc mezzed one, I (rogue) went with the SK and dps'd his, then we moved to the mezzed one. Easy peasy. We had failed miserably several times before this, but with different group make-ups.
  11. Conq Augur

Seems like we get this achievement by default everytime. 6 live players - lately been more alts (no raid gear) than mains. We usually don't go with a tracker - it's either using shaman Sense Animal or cleric Sense Dead to find nearest targets. We just travel as one group, kill everything and win. So find 6 live players who know the game and you win. Easy.
    Conq