Restarted my account. Advise for coming up to speed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hoppkins Wytchfinder, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Hoppkins Wytchfinder New Member

So i restarted my account. I have a lv 71 cleric who raided upto and i think the expansion after PoP.

I've found that most of my spells (it seems) are on sale in PoK. I must admit i was a bit overwhelmed by how many additional zones there are and i guess my question now is.....what now?

I got invited to a group but it was fairly clear the group didnt "need" me and would of easily existed without my help so im guessing finding groups may at times be difficult unless people want to fill spots for the Xp bonus.

Im trying to think of the best way of familiarising myself with the content and new UI options (the path finding tool was quite confusing to begin with...)

Any suggestions? Im in the process of getting the maps all updated which is why (as i understand) my pathfinding tool wasnt working in most of the zones i visited.

I saw that clerics can now solo fairly effectivley with the "vow" line of spells. How effective is this?

Would this allow me to only solo relativley weak mobs or with the help of a merc would this form an effective team? What kind of merc makes the best buddy for a cleric?

Thanks for your patience
  2. Tarrin Augur

Hi! First of all, welcome back! While I am not a cleric, and I can't give you specific cleric advice, I did remember seeing a thread in the Priest sub forums about a similar case. There were details and helpful advice listed there and it may be what you are looking for, or at least a start.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/cleric-after-7-years-break.1552/#post-22181

The thread itself outlines some of the changes in cleric healing as you level up. There are a few specific links near the top which lead the a cleric specific forum with more helpful nuggets of knowledge.
  3. Hoppkins Wytchfinder New Member

What a guy! Thanks mate!