Rest in Peace Aradune.

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by TelinDarkforest, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Diptera Augur

Sad day :( RIP The Vision (TM) of EQ
  2. Zvenn Just an old monk

so sad :( will definitely be missed...thanks for all you did for the MMO community
  3. Miramyn New Member

I like this idea. Perhaps rename PoK to Plane of Aradune :)
  4. Freebirrd Journeyman

Brad, thank you for all you have done.
  5. Malo New Member

All I can say is, thank you Brad. Thank you for all the things your wonderful games have brought into my life. My wonderful husband, my beautiful daughter, and the numerous friends i have made over the many years of this game and Vanguard. You will be sorely missed. My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time. May they receive some form of peace in the knowledge of how many lives Brad touched. RIP Aradune
  6. Peter_The_great Elder

RIP, and thank you. See you upstairs!
  7. demigod Journeyman

In honor of Brad, the next TLP server should be named Aradune.
  8. FrostedSentry New Member

I just wanted to drop by to share good vibes with the EverQuest family. Brad's design and leadership had a major impact on my journey. In a bizarre way, EQ led me to joining the Marine Corps and his projects directly motivated me to get into game development. These days I'm highly focused on making games/products around exploration, freedom, danger, and community.

I sincerely wish everyone the best during this tough time. Stay strong for Aradune.

RIP good sir

Thank you
    Azbaelus likes this.
  9. Kontra Augur

RIP BRAD! You will be missed ;(
  10. Imukai Augur

Can we get a tribute NPC in Surefall Glade or something for him? I think historically this sort of stuff went in CSHome for the guides to look at, but Brad kinda impacted everyone in Norrath and would be good to at least have an Aradune ranger somewhere outside of the tutorial that nobody sees anymore.
  11. Silinius Augur

Rest in Peace Brad. Your impact on people is immeasurable.

It's odd thinking back to my earliest days of EQ and where I was in life back then compared to now. I'm certainly much older, more grey hair but I've gained so many more skills that I can directly attribute to my MMO playing and more specifically Everquest.

Leadership? - Yeah, I've led a few guilds full of different personalities towards common goals.
    Typing? - I don't know that I'd be as proficient if not for having to type out raid instructions before VoIP technology.
    Communication & Negotiation? - I don't know how many server guild leadership meetings that I've attended over the years. But I think the same can be said for Gremin, Dima and others - we've all maxed our skill points there.
    Patience? - Refer to my comment on Leadership :)

Those skills and others, can be most directly linked to spending so much time playing this game. The brain child of Brad McQuaid's "Vision". Whether he knew it or not in this life, he had a profound impact on many thousands of people, directly and indirectly.
    Grove likes this.
  12. Khyrra Elder

RIP Brad.
    My sincere condolences to your family and friends.
    Many thanks for your wonderful work on bringing EQ to the world.
    I agree there should be a Memorial for Aradune.

You will be missed.
  13. Rayd New Member

This sucks. So sorry to see Brad go. EQ (and Vanguard) had a huge impact in my life.

Rest in peace.
  14. Coder Joe Journeyman

/raises a glass

RIP, Brad.
  15. Mylana New Member

Rest in peace Brad, thanks for the years with us.
  16. Azan Alters New Member

RIP Brad! Thanks for all the excellent times in EQ and its 's that wouldn't exist without you.
  17. Bummak Journeyman

Thank you for bringing us this world we all love and hate. As others have already said, your vision has given us a world to escape to, meet new people in, and have the best of times with. So sad to have lost you. The world is a better place for your efforts. May you rise to the heavens, and take your place among the greats of this universe. Rest in peace, Brad. You have earned it!
  18. Azbaelus Lorekeeper

For everything you've done, for bringing folks together from across the world, thank you. On to your next great adventure.
    A memorial is a great idea, PoK, or Surefall. Or East Karana by the waterfall. We've had memorials for guildies there, it's a beautiful tucked-away spot.
  19. Transporter Lorekeeper

Thank you sir for this game that's brought me many friends and memories that I still venture off with to this day after 20 years strong. Can't imagine playing anything else
  20. SuriMondego New Member

Rest in Peace Aradune. And thank you for everything here in EQ.