Resonant Kick

Discussion in 'Melee' started by SoroxDrinal, Oct 19, 2017.

1. SoroxDrinal Elder

max AAs, +104/100 FK, stripped all buffs

Flying Kick
    [Thu Oct 19 14:12:06 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 9159 points of damage. <- primary FK attack
    [Thu Oct 19 14:12:06 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 4442 points of damage. <- resonant kick attack
    [Thu Oct 19 14:12:06 2017] The spirit of Master Wu fills you! You gain 3 additional attack(s).
    [Thu Oct 19 14:12:06 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 3579 points of damage. <- Wu trigger, more FKs
    [Thu Oct 19 14:12:06 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 4234 points of damage.
    [Thu Oct 19 14:12:06 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 2652 points of damage.

Round Kick
    [Thu Oct 19 14:14:32 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 9159 points of damage. <- primary round kick
    [Thu Oct 19 14:14:32 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 2332 points of damage. <- resonant kick
    [Thu Oct 19 14:14:32 2017] The spirit of Master Wu fills you! You gain 3 additional attack(s).
    [Thu Oct 19 14:14:32 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 2405 points of damage. <- Wu trigger, more round kicks
    [Thu Oct 19 14:14:32 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 2293 points of damage.
    [Thu Oct 19 14:14:32 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 2516 points of damage.

I thought resonant kick always added a flying kick of X base damage. Something seems wrong...

Round kick doesn't seem to stun mobs, but it's hard to tell since I see no parsable text for it.

If primary kick does not land, there is no resonant kick, but you can fire wu chain.

Appears to me that resonant kick and the wu chain are all the same base dmg with max AAs and the same attack as the primary kick type.

For example, with no buffs and naked
    max resonant kick from FK is 3600ish
    max resonant kick from RK is 2230ish
    max resonant kick from K is 2960ish
  2. Riou EQResource

Pretty sure you have the resonant and primary reversed, resonant is before the button kick/punch, for kicks a thunderfoot proc is also before the primary flying kick dmg

Resonant -> Thunderfoot (if procs) -> Kick Special Button Used -> Wu's

and on other side
    Resonant -> Punch Special Button Used -> Wu's

Also it is a FK or TC with X Base damage, it's still subject to like dmg mods and attack DI values and such like that like your melee and the normal kicks and punches are
  3. Thrillho Augur

How long was the parse? The more data you put in, the more accurate the comparison between kicks will be. This is going to be a grueling chore to do, since...

...unfortunately, there isn't a distinction between the types of kicks, as you've noted. Even flying kick vs. kick still notes both as "kick". Having a distinction for resonant kicks, thunderfoot kicks, and wu's would allow us to compare parses properly.

You flying kick X for Y amount of damage.
    You round kick X for Y amount of damage.
    You resonantly kick X for Y amount of damage.
    You thunderously kick X for Y amount of damage.
    You FK with the spirit of wu X for Y amount of damage.

With that we'd be able to see exactly what each ability does, we'd be able to sum up thousands of kicks to give a proper evaluation of them, and we wouldn't get confused on the order of things.
  4. mackal Augur

Read Riou's post, he is correct.
  5. Thrillho Augur

I didn't say he wasn't.
  6. mackal Augur

So what is the parsing gonna give us? The question from OP answered the question, their assumption was wrong :p I can post the formulas for the kick damage if you want since I know them already :p
  7. Thrillho Augur

Please do. Always good to have the mechanics of the game out there.

If OP or anyone else wanted to draw any conclusions as to the difference in damage between kicks and resonant kicks, a couple rounds of kicks isn't sufficient to do it.

My post was to generate more discussion. I've seen people post parses before that are minutes, if not seconds, long. It looks like OP tried a couple rounds and posted what looked reasonable. With RNG, it's not going to give an accurate result. Bringing up the idea of differentiation between the various kicks we have will hopefully get caught by a dev, either through this thread or through another because someone references this one. Then we can parse more accurately in the future for any changes they might (read: will) have.
  8. mackal Augur

Okay, so calcs for Dragon Punch, Eagle Strike, Tiger Claw, and Round Kick work exactly the same:
    First they all have a base damage
    Dragon Punch = 12
    Eagle Strike = 7
    Round Kick = 5
    Tiger Claw = 4

Then you take your skill value and do:
    Code:
    if (skill >= 25)
      base++;
    if (skill >= 75)
      base++;
    if (skill >= 125)
      base++;
    if (skill >= 175)
      base++;
    Kick and Flying Kick are very similar and get a bonus from AC on feet slot

Flying Kick is:
    Code:
    float dmg = skill / 9.0f;
    float ac = GetFootAC() / 25.0f;
    if (ac > dmg)
      ac = dmg;
    base = ac + dmg;

Kick is:
    Code:
    float dmg = skill / 10.0f;
    float ac = GetFootAC() / 25.0f;
    if (ac > dmg)
      ac = dmg;
    base = ac + dmg;
    These formulas have matched all of my parsing. This is calculating the "weapon_damage" in this post. The PC_DAM in that post can be found here.

Note: Flying Kick used to have a min damage, I don't think this exists anymore since they made the DMG dependent on boot AC.
    Riou and Thrillho like this.
  9. SoroxDrinal Elder

Thanks for the help. I was trying to understand the order of primary kick attack and resonant kick.

Order seems to be
    (thunderfoot, from primary only, never see thunderfoot if using k/rk as primary)
    resonant
    primary kick (if you miss primary kick, you see nothing at or above this line)
    wu (even if you miss on primary kick, you can wu chain)

[Mon Oct 23 10:51:20 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 74072 points of damage.
    [Mon Oct 23 10:51:20 2017] Combat Dummy Izah is struck by a thundering kick.
    [Mon Oct 23 10:51:20 2017] You twincast Thunderfoot IV.
    [Mon Oct 23 10:51:20 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 74072 points of damage.
    [Mon Oct 23 10:51:20 2017] Combat Dummy Izah is struck by a thundering kick.
    [Mon Oct 23 10:51:20 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 7844 points of damage.
    [Mon Oct 23 10:51:20 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 4040 points of damage.
    [Mon Oct 23 10:51:20 2017] The spirit of Master Wu fills you! You gain 3 additional attack(s).
    [Mon Oct 23 10:51:20 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 4408 points of damage.
    [Mon Oct 23 10:51:20 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 5225 points of damage.
    [Mon Oct 23 10:51:20 2017] You kick Combat Dummy Izah for 3942 points of damage.
  10. SoroxDrinal Elder

Is round kick actually stunning mobs? I cannot tell. My gut says yes, but I would sure like a message in the parse.

I started a new iksar monk and was given Dragon Punch and not Tail Rake at appropriate level. My main, older iksar monk uses Tail Rake. Kinda weird they didn't change that skill for all older iksar monks.
  11. mackal Augur

Sounds like a bug to me. I don't think Round Kick is stunning mobs (unless they made Round Kick innately stun) since all the proc does is a Flying Kick.