Resists and the Fax Machine

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kansan Cloudkicker, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

I am pretty sure no one takes notice of what resists are on what piece of armor anymore. We are sure that regardless of what item goes where, our resists this expansion are going to be 850, and next expansion they will be 900. And just as sure are we are of that, is that the mob's spells are going to take 900 to resist this expansion, and 950 the next.

Has there been any discussion on making resist matter again, having some sort of tradeoff between them and other stats. A couple ideas:

1. Lower the median resists on the upcoming equipment, whereas equipping armor at random will not max your resists. But max resists can be attained by equipping certain equipment that tends to have lower other stats (hp/mana)
    2. Make heroic resists, certain equipment that could get you above the level needed to resist a mob's spell.
    3. Do nothing and shield against the players that cherish the opportunity to complain and whine about anything in this games that suggests limits.

As of now, resists seem to share a commonality with the fax machine, sitting off in a corner, trying to remind people that at one time, a long time ago, people cared about them.
  2. Koutarou Elder

Bad analogy. Fax machines are still one of the most important pieces of business equipment in Japan.
  3. Kaylord101 Elder

Lol yeah. Fax machines are needed frequently every day.

That would require a bit of work I think. Right now the only one that people need to work on if they care is the corruption resist
  4. Recnarp Augur

I do not miss the days of carrying around multiple sets of different resist gear for that one event.
    Sinestra and Kaylord101 like this.