resist trigger that doesnt show me resisting rains?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by svann, Feb 16, 2017.

1. svann Augur

Is there a way to make a gina trigger that tells me about resists but wont trigger when my rains hit me?
  2. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Are the messages fired by this situation similar to this?

You resist the Pyre of Mori spell!
    Your target resisted the Pyre of Mori spell.
    You resist the Cascade of Decay Rot VIII spell!
    Your target resisted the Cascade of Decay Rot VIII spell.

The issue is the target is not identifiable in a single line. I experimented briefly with multi-line regular expressions in GINA for certain DoT triggers but did not get them working.

If you have a sample log of rains you have cast in battle I might be able to do some trickery with timers unless I can find some time to look under the hood of GINA to see if multi-line regular expressions are doable. The downside, I expect performance issues even if it can work.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

You can use a negation.

(?!:You ) resist
  4. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

That is what I was trying with multi line. When I resist my own spell 2 lines are logged.

You resist the Pyre of Mori spell!
    Your target resisted the Pyre of Mori spell.

I am assuming this is going to be the same for rains. The second line is intended for the caster, the first is intended for the target. When you are both, it is a dilemma to parse. If these two lines are not logged back to back always, it becomes a more difficult problem.

The easiest fix would be for EQ to include the mob name in place of "target".
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Ahh, yeah. Sorry, I didn't realize there were 2 messages.
  6. svann Augur

Yea thats how it is with wizard rains too.
    [Fri Feb 17 22:06:24 2017] You resist the Magmatic Burst Rk. III spell!
    [Fri Feb 17 22:06:24 2017] Your target resisted the Magmatic Burst Rk. III spell.
  7. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Rains can hit multiple NPC targets, yes? Are specifically looking for how many mobs resisted or just a general, I got at least 1 resist that was not me?
  8. svann Augur

Just want to know when I got a resist in general. In fact, I probably could live without it triggering on rains at all. Think its possible to just exclude magmatic burst altogether?
  9. Xikteny Augur

Code:
    ^Your target resisted the (?!Magmatic)
  10. Sindaiann Augur

Your target resisted the {S1} spell.

The above will show any spell resist including procs.

Display Text as: Resisted {S1}

As resists can happen quite frequently, my personal opinion is text to speech is bad for this kind of thing. Display Text is sufficient.

This is assuming GINA of course.