Reset Password, then forces it again...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MasterMagnus, Mar 13, 2018.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Trying to recover an old account, it asked to reset password, after some fighting got it to reset.
    Now:
    -Try to log in with Old password, throws error.
    -Try to log in with New reset password, asks to Reset again (or return to login).

It appears to have accepted the new reset password, but still won't let me in.

Any good tricks beyond contacting CS? (I searched old threads and saw this has been an issue from time to time, but no great advice beyond CS).
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you trying to log into the game or the EQ website for account management?
    Log out of everything EQ. Clear browser. Turn off computer. Bring everything back up and try at the website first.
    A lot of those old posts reference the "defender app" Perhaps years ago you downloaded that and forgot? If so get rid of it or if you are not able to get rid of it or turn it off in the account and if unable to do that then ask CS to turn it off on your account.

Then if none of that works:
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Ultimately just trying to get into game.

Both launcher and website ask for reset, as opposed to saying wrong pass.

Rebooted, tried Account Management on Everquest page, asked for reset. Went to launcher, the same.

Will reboot in a while and try the other way around, but no joy so far.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Do you have the EQ defender?
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Ug, I don't think so. But like an idiot I didn't even check first. Will look into that too.

Thanks for being persistent.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I don't ever recall using anything EQ Defender.

I see this in the apps/programs Win10, are there up to date versions of these that don't say SOE?

All my installs are pretty old, (EQ, PS2, Landmark several versions), and in SOE folders.

[IMG]
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The EQ Defender is an app for your phone and EQ account. Supposed to make it more secure. It went berserk on a recent iphone update and locked folks out with same issue your having and has done some other odd things in the past. I don't think you have it.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I'm not sure about this issue with the patcher specifically, but if you're trying to log into account management on a browser, the EQ website doesn't play nice if you log out and then into another account (it seems to find you're still in the old account). I recommend using Incognito mode or something like that (a different browser), and then try your account password login / reset, keep the login you're using to post separate.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. Tyche Elder

Does your password follow the rules below? I’d pick one you haven’t used before in case it checks that too.

Password Requirements:

Must be 8-15 characters in length
    May only contain alphabetic characters (a-zA-Z), numeric characters (0-9) and special characters (!"#$%)
    Must contain at least one number
    Cannot match your Daybreak Username
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. Shanarias Augur

I would certainly suggest clearing the cache, for starters. And yes, the PW must be in compliance, but on the other hand, it would seem that if it were not compliant, it would have told you right then. The "incognito" suggestion sounds like a good one.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Tried on my Xbox browser after patch today. No go. Just asks for reset.

Changed pass again to add a special character, though it already followed the rules.

Tried Edge, which I don't ever use, in private mode, after win patch today, still no go. It knows the 'new' password but still asks to reset.

Launcher the same, although it 'fails' in a more elegant fashion at least.

Guess I will put in a ticket. Thank you so much everyone for the help.