Require

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gremin, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Gremin Augur

So many new accts to just post in these threads, over and over. Please introduce a waiting period or something to be able to post. Not sure why people so scared to post on their main accts?
    Yes, I am aware not everyone actually looks and posts on these forums daily.
  2. Jadefox Augur

So, people who don't post regularly won't be able to offer their opinion until the servers are already finalized?

Nah.I get trying to combat sock-puppetry, but this isn't the way to do it.

--Jade
  3. Hdizzle Augur

For record, everyday I post from a different one of my 62 mage accounts
  4. Terses Half Elf Warrior of Tarew Marr

pretty sure mine still shows new member, even though this is my account from like '99
    Yonson likes this.
  5. Duladin Lorekeeper

Pretty sure he means accounts created within the last few days or so all coincidentally clamoring for the same thing. Like the "people" all begging for true box to be removed. Astounding really.

Love you Grem
  6. Nolrog Augur

Wow, do you even have a clue what he said? (hint, no you don't.)

It has nothing to do with posting regularly. It has to do with creating an account today with the express purpose of creating drama and trolling the forums.
  7. Jezzie Augur

Makes account in 2015
    Post count 2015-2019 0
    Post count for Jan 2019-Feb 2019 200

Not suspect at all!
  8. Silias McKendrick Augur

Easy fix, only allow accounts with subs to post.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

That'd probably violate some #offended law lol.

Honestly, the forums blowing up this last week just goes to show that there are still people who care about the game.
    Jadefox likes this.
  10. Silias McKendrick Augur

Na.. people have right to free speech, but they do not have a right to do it on someone's property. So a block to posting on forums without sub would not be anything illegal. Same as restricting access to beta forums. Only in this case posting would be restricted only not reading.
  11. Drelik Lorekeeper

Ding, Nolrog wins. As far as having the title new account they can put a 72 hour lock on it, has nothing to do with your title.
  12. Drelik Lorekeeper

Actually they dont, Daybreak owns and maintains these forums.
  13. Daragoth Lorekeeper

Nothing says we want to bring back former players quite like excluding former players from having a say on what would bring them back.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

We are so excited to announce our landmark 20th anniversary! What made you fall in love with EverQuest days of yore? Please share your stories with us [in 72 hours pending your recurring-subscription]!
    Sethiroth and Jadefox like this.
  15. Jadefox Augur

And that's what I responded to.
    I'm straining to see how you misunderstood this.
    Maybe I expect too much out of people.
    /shrug

--Jade
  16. Silias McKendrick Augur

Bah, there is Facebook, Twitter, Instagram for non subs to throw in their two cents. People are excluded from things all the time unless they are paying to be a part of it. Who do you listen to the people paying you or Joe down the street who doesnt give two if you die to day?
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

There's a filter naturally built in place though... if someone doesn't care about EQ then they simply don't come to the forum. I mean, even if someone pipes in with their crappy idea they probably only did it because at some level they care about the game.

Maybe they don't play now, but they're likely susceptible to return if they care enough to read about the game.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  18. Silias McKendrick Augur

It's not about suppressing a voice it's about filtering out multiple accounts made to persuade directions taken.
    And believe me, having used the internet since windows 95 and aim chat, there is no shortage of people who will troll/abuse such for laughs or get their way.
    And if you think that people do not do such things, I will sell to some ocean front property in Arizona.
  19. Kittany Augur

The conspiracy theorist in me says that perhaps all these new accounts are loyalist Blizzard players coming to the forums to sabotage EQ.

Or... The flat norrathians...
    Or.... The plane of sky chem trailers....
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Norrath is definitely flat though.