Requiem of Time

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Xarbokk, May 26, 2015.

1. Xarbokk Elder

Hey all, I have been gone awhile and noticed that alla now lists the Bard spell Requiem of time as a 75% slow. Is this true? I seem to recall it only being 55% last year. If so its a major boost =)
  2. guado Augur

This is from RaidLoot.com

[3066] Requiem of Time
    Classes: BRD/64
    Skill: Brass, Cap: 320
    Target: Single
    Range: 150'
    Resist: Magic
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 12s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Melee Haste by 55%
    Text: The world seems to move faster around you.

Maybe a real bard can comment, but maybe there's an improved requiem of time aa that makes it better?
  3. Dre. Altoholic

Lucy history:

DateChange
    2015-01-22 18:33Changed Slot 1 from "Decrease Attack Speed by 52% (L64) to 55% (L70) " to "Decrease Attack Speed by 20% (L64) to 75% (L71)
  4. Brohg Augur

Lucy's interpretation of these things isn't the best, basically. You'll see weird things like backwards scaling in there, too. The data it's reporting is related to stacking / overwriting kludges since EQ is built on a foundation of spaghetti.
  5. Momentum Elder

Don't trust Lucy. Use raidloot.com if you want more surety:

[3066] Requiem of Time
    Classes: BRD/64
    Skill: Brass, Cap: 320
    Target: Single
    Range: 150'
    Resist: Magic
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 12s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Melee Haste by 55%
  6. Isule Elder

Which the slow (like others) also is mitigated by reducing effects (as you progress). The AA decrease cast time and increase chance to land.

Bards are the jack of all trades, master of none (except maybe pulling!). So most of our buffs/debuffs are lesser than others. I LOVE playing my bard (mainly cause I box a cleric, so both have some to do but not a lot, keeps me busy).

Wish it gave a cripple effect (but a minor one), like a mini enc debuff. Would be nice for them to add that as an AA effect to the slow (could add a 2nd debuff that is overwritten by enc/sham cripples).
  7. Xarbokk Elder

Well I finally tested it out myself by dueling my SK and checking the haste$ in the stats window. It is indeed a 55% slow still. I was kinda hoping for 75% but its still better than nothing
  8. Fenudir Augur

In the modern game, slows rarely land for full effect in any case so I doubt that you're losing much, if anything, to shammy or chanter slows other than the debuff/HoT.
  9. Nniki Augur

I remember TCH discussions always arguing back and forth, but essentially saying Requiem of Time scaled from 52% (L64) to 55% (L70 or L65 + Jam Fest 3 AA [+5 effective levels]), but I never actually tried to figure it out myself...

Raw data here shows:
    Base1 value of 80, which is 20% (100 - 80), a Max1 value of 45, which is 55% (100 - 45), and a Calc1 value of 101. So, right there we know it'll never exceed 55% slow.

According to the raidloot.com spell parser, calculation 101 is Base + Level / 2, so:

L64 = 20 + 64 / 2 = 20 + 32 = 52%
    L70 = 20 + 70 / 2 = 20 + 35 = 55%

Improved Requiem of Time AA: "This passive ability increases the chances that Requiem of Time will land on your enemy."