Requesting an Agent of Change for Riftseekers' Sanctum

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hamshire, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Krysanth Elder

Great idea!! Please devs!
    PatCleric, Duder and Huh? like this.
  2. TLP-Goon New Member

I can see no reason why we shouldn't have this!
    PatCleric and Duder like this.
  3. Alastor New Member

Adding this as a DZ would really be a nice thing to do. I think it was an oversight to not add them in the first place, but we can make it right!
    PatCleric and Duder like this.
  4. Huh? New Member

Why do you guys keep refusing to post my comments? I've only said it's absolutely ridiculous that the AoC isn't in when it has 4 true raid targets for significant upgrades in gear for many people.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

It wasn't an oversight. It was discussed by the devs extensively when Phinigel was about to hit Omens of War. The devs made a deliberate decision not to add these aocs, because they were not progression related, and defended that decision extensively. (Never mind that we have aoc's for other non progression things like Drusella Sathir or Umbral Planes or Faydedar.)
    Zanarnar and Duder like this.
  6. Captain Video Augur

I would agree this is true, but I would add that they also said that server capacity was finite and players couldn't have AoCs on everything they might want because devs had to protect server load (also why /pick thresholds are tuned the way they are). Priority was being given to the places where devs saw the most OW congestion. Progression targets would by necessity be high on that list. A few tweaks have been made along the way to add certain non-progression things. The best way to make an argument for a new AoC is for devs to see significant competition for the OW version for more than a period of a week or two beyond expansion launch. Just saying there might be more people doing the task if there was an AoC isn't really enough, based on the history to-date.
  7. Machen New Member

There has never been a TLP since Fippy where King and Queen have sat up for more than a few hours in era. These are permakilled every time they spawn almost immediately on every server with AoC's since AoC's have existed. The only way we could show more "significant competition" would be for guilds to be sitting on the spawn before the encounters pop. That's just never going to happen again in EQ.
  8. Xhartor Augur

As a counter point I would bring up the GoD has the following AoC's:
    Qinimi (Barindu, Ferubi, Riwwi)
    Qvic (Txevu)
    Natimbi (Natimbi and Kod'Taz)
    Kod'Taz (Yxxta, Qvic)

Only Txevu on that list is required for Progression. There might be an argument that Barindu, KT, and Qvic are needed for the BiC.

On TLP there is a general expectation that is any semi-competitve OW target will have an AoC. OoW is the first expansion to changes that expectation. On Mangler the King and Queen in RSS were down most of the time, Zun in RCoD was kept down by an automated RMT boxer.
  9. Captain Video Augur

And that, as I understand it, is the current standard. I seem to recall an extended thread on this subject when the King and Queen were in-era on Mangler, and the end result was no change. I am not personally against adding new AoCs, I'm simply trying to point out that a few positive votes in a forum thread isn't going to make it happen. You have to be able to counter the standing dev argument of "we have to draw the line somewhere."
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Selo.
  11. Machen New Member

Fair enough. I can see how that might have happened on a relatively low pop, high velocity server where everyone is already raiding every night.
  12. Hamshire Augur

They have went back and done so many things they said they wouldn't do thats there no point even arguing about it. IF an AoC limit is an issue which it isn't then I got a real quick fix for that. [IMG]
    AoC for WL is so meaningless that most don't even know it exists, it was obviously added by mistake as an oversight.
    Duder and PatCleric like this.
  13. PatCleric Healer of Aradune

Seems like a good idea to me. Trying to make content available to a larger player base feels useful.
    And as far as AoCs with progression focus <only / mainly> then take out all the original and RoK AoCs. Nothing there for progression to the end game.
    Duder likes this.
  14. tollo New Member

I don't see how this helps them sell bags and xp potions. Maybe require a new $30 bag purchase to enter the DZ
    Karreck and PatCleric like this.
  15. Tanek New Member

16. Selten New Member

This. It could have been done when the AoC's were added to live servers so easily too. Let's get this done so all guilds can enjoy the content that is in OoW.
    Duder likes this.
  17. Redonesgofaster New Member

Also agree, would like to see these bosses in era.
    PatCleric likes this.
  18. Kodachi Augur

I don't understand why RSS never had an AoC. Heck the perfect spot for it is event in the corner right at the zone in to RSS. King and Queen are not good enough chase targets to want to fight over for the entire expansions but are good enough that slower paced more casual guilds SHOULD get the chance to kill them.
    Duder and PatCleric like this.
  19. Nork New Member

We had a discussion about this in guild the other night as Omens looms (are we there yet?) Yes please add this <3
    PatCleric likes this.
  20. Elite_raider Augur

Lots of fun raid events in RS, this should get prioritized and added to the game at some point.
    PatCleric likes this.