Requested Bazaar Feature for Collections

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Belkar_OotS, May 6, 2022.

1. Belkar_OotS Augur

It would be awesome if we could search the bazaar for only those collections that we still need.

Being able to search collections by expansion would also be helpful.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

By expansion, or even by zone in an expansion would be much more likely than by collections you still need. I can only imagine the servers screeching to a standstill when someone tries running a bazaar search and having it check every single item available vs every single collection you do/don't have... multiply that times every search being made.
    Elyssanda and Nennius like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Lots of folks have asked for this, but with the demonstrated problems the EQ servers have in handling the current load, adding more would be foolish.
    Hobitses and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

Given the server processes needed, maybe this is more possible if more restricted searches were required. Instead of being able to search by expansion/zone, maybe require an expansion/zone variable be selected before a search can be initiated.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure about that as a search is limit to how many results can be returned. Filters such as what you have collected and what you haven't would be requiring the search tool to check your achievements for each result it could return to determine if you have it or not. Personally I think the biggest roadblock to getting a feature like this is the fact that it isn't something that can be checked by just looking at the item as it requires character data to be checked. All the other filters we have are just checking a flag/attribute of the items that are listed.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I mentioned it in the last thread; but just turning the names of Collection items in the Achievement window into item links that can be clicked to search the bazaar with one-by-one would be a huge arthritis saver. set a rate limit like only once every 3-10 seconds if needed.
    minimind likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure of the work involved but that does sound like a good idea
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

I don't think they can search what Collection a char needs but they might be able to limit the search for collectables by Expansion to pull up in the Bazzar search. Since I think that is a tag on them. .
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

ehh, just add a button next to your achievement list on missing collectibles, that upon clicking will initiate a search for it. That's at least something they can do.
    Deux and minimind like this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Nice idea - I like the idea to put in a filter for which expansion. It needs to be something that is not just singled out for one character.

Most of my searches in the baz for collects are for my alts or for resell, so for those of us who do that the button would not mean much. And a button on one characters /ach would not help an alt who might need it.

If I am checking for myself then I have to do the right click on the item to see the red "collected" on it.

Right now when you click on the lore tab the expansion that collect is from is highlighted and you can click on it which connects to your /ach for that zone. So I think there might be something there they can work with since its already item/zone/ach connected.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. blood & gufts Augur

That they will not do, to check which collections you need. Reason is performence.
    Remember some years ago they limited something with spells that it should spells u need.

It will be bad for game play if it should run that check all the time a person go look up for collections.
    I actually think, it might bring down machine in some situations, will not explain how.
    Conjuration likes this.
  12. Conjuration New Member

Many-to-Many database queries should be avoided as much as possible.

Comparing the huge list of 'collectibles I need' multiplied by 'collectibles in bazaar' would be a heavy load.