[Request] Should/Could the "PC Spells" on the Options "Chat" tab have "Mine Only" as an option?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by PathToEternity, Sep 23, 2021.

1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

PC Spells doesn't have this as an option. It has "Group Only" but I don't want to be logging/parsing this for my group members, just myself. This causes problems with GINA triggers when other people in my group have spells with the same on-hit emotes.

[IMG]

To contrast, Spell Damage does have this option -- maybe both could have both options?

[IMG]
    Roxas MM and Jhinx like this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

The chat filters have been this way forever. Some only have two options, some have three, some you can't change at all. It's a mess.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

There needs to be a global option for PC spells, regardless of the type: Show all, show only raid, show only group, show mine only.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Angahran Augur

Basically, the entire chat filter system is a completely broken mess and needs to be gutted and rebuilt from the ground up.

The recent 'improvements' (ROFLMAO) simply highlight this issue.
    Having pet messages lumped in with other combat :(
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

It does really need to be completely revamped. It seems to be a hopeless collection of Band Aids. Now, whether that will ever happen...
  6. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'd love to see a whole re-architecting of the joint chat options/chat window filters, but thought I'd just ask for a single big paint point to be addressed.