Request: Please, allow me to level at my own pace!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Agrippa, Mar 22, 2024.

1. Agrippa Augur

Good day! I've made this request before, but I'm putting a new spin to it. Currently, an optional experience toggle exists here, as it does in any well thought out MMORPG. My only issue with it is that it isn't something available until the 51st level. Please, make this so that the toggle is available at any level. Any intern should be able to add it within five minutes or less. Not all of us enjoy completely overleveling and playing in /godmode aka bottomfeeding for almost all of the content within several expansions. We'd prefer doing all of the content at appropriate levels. Thank you for the consideration.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

The toggle for AA experience ? You will still level way to fast. The only thing that would help is a toggle for turning off experience, and that does not exist.
  3. Agrippa Augur

The expendable firework glyph AA
    At 51st level only, the expendable firework glyph AAs become available. (At least, on normal servers. I suppose on TLP servers they may not even be available then). Only at that am I fully allowed here to level at my own pace. Via spending AA on these glyphs, it is fully possible not to earn leveling experience. It would take any intern less than five minutes to allow is sort of option experience toggle to be available from the beginning.
  4. Bernel Augur

Adding an extendable AA at level 1 would pretty much solve this problem. But I'm not sure they'd do the work even if it took 5 minutes. The way things go, there would be some kinds of unintended and expected consequences of turning on AAs at level 1. But if they wanted to implement this change, here's what they would need to do:

1. Turn on AAs at level 1
    2. Add an expendable firework that cost 1 AA
    3. Cap the AA bank at 1 AA for levels below 51
    This would allow people to direct whatever percentage of exp to AAs and level at whatever pace they like. They could burn off the AAs with the firework. I think the AA bank would need to be capped at 1 so that people on TLPs wouldn't bank dozens of AAs before 51. That's not a problem on Live servers, but there is a lot of competition on TLPs and I think the devs would consider banking a ton of AAs before 51 as non-desirable.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Or...they could just add a toggle to turn regular xp gain on/off.
    Agrippa likes this.
  6. code-zero Augur

Put a "No Experience Potion" on the Marketplace
    Lodestar likes this.
  7. Lodestar The Undefeated

Bottle of Adventure III potion is $10, so $15 is likely a fair price for a No XP potion.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

Or negative bottles of adventure, that do reduce the experience, and that will give DB cash to the buyer.
  9. code-zero Augur

You are unclear on the concept of the Marketplace aren't you? Something like that would go for $30 + per potion
  10. KermittheFroglok Augur

If you all want to play the older content "in level", shouldn't you just play on the TLP's? I mean, it's an mmorpg, so that's probably better because you can get the group game experience too, instead of molo'ing/boxing the old stuff on Live with OP Defiant gear.
  11. code-zero Augur

If you read his other post you'll see that he wants to run all starting city starting quests in era on a single character
  12. Galvanize Elder

Sometimes the customer is wrong
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Agrippa Augur

In this case, all that the customer is asking for is something that already exists here. It just needs someone to take a few seconds to update it so that it would work at any level.
  14. KarmaKitty Augur

A necro sacrifice can keep you down (to level 46 I believe).
    Option 2, Re-roll as a Ranger...
    Option 3, Establish your new social media where you explore ways to kill your character, like
    • Jumping off high places
    • Swimming in lava
    • Flippy runs at KOS guards emoting your best trash talk.
    You get the idea.