Request: Pet Shrink Spells (Tiny Companion)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smallpox, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Smallpox Augur

I truly believe these should have been in the game from the get-go (ie: Classic).

They do not change any game-play mechanics so there would be absolutely no downside to adding them now.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

I'm guessing this is another thing that's become attached to a specific expansion despite that it should have been just a general addition to the game at any level or era. Summon companion would be nice too.
  3. Smallpox Augur

Tiny Companion (Spell) was added in PoP. Would not bother a thing if it were in-game now.
  4. Shmef Augur

pet shrink would be awesome right now. cramped dungeon halls they are just 1 more large model in the way.
    Smallpox likes this.
  5. Numiko Augur

you can get the brownie Illusion pet wand on the marketplace to get a small pet, it's less then your monthly allotment of 500 SC so it is basically free.
    Sheex and Felicite like this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Plus be endlessly amused by their attack animation. Sissyman slap fighting is a go!
  7. Shmef Augur

i have noticed this, and while the illusion wands only last 1 hour pet shrink is permanent until the pet dies or you summon another(or possibly logging out cant remember for sure). it would be nice to have a more permanent solution, even making the illusion wands permanent or much longer(8hr-ish) would be nice as well.
    Rhiyannon and Smallpox like this.
  8. Numiko Augur

always been a fan of the Fey race in EQ2, so on live I have my enchanter project bixie or fairy illusions on my 4 box and use brownie illusions on my pets, so I can sort of pretend I'm playing the here in EQ as well :D
  9. Rhiyannon Augur

i went to the illusions to solve the annoying issue, even though mine is a ghost puppy... either i ouldn't see him or he was getting in the way. between me and my guildies we tried some, as ghost puppy currently doesn't shrink at all

scorpion-small, low height, handy in low dungeons and doesn't block you clicking
    domain prowler- one shrink and it is as small as a RL rat
    zombie gingerbread man- small, adorable, do not try and shrink as it will make him bigger
    werewolf- double shrinks to smaller than a gnome
    vulture- double shrink gnome height(my fav skin)
    abe sapien dude(fishhead)- double puts him about dorf height, handy in kedge if you don't mind the bad skin linking
    several clockworks- double is gnome size
    evil mylittlepony(if you saw what he did to giiants you'd think the same)- only really good for open locations
  10. Katmandu26 Augur

I love my kirin and werewolf, but yeah, they're both terrible for targeting around. (Is there a click through option? If so, it would be annoying to switch back and forth every time you needed to buff him, which is every 3 minutes for the fire DS for a mage at level 10).

I'll happily jump this bandwagon and agree - please give us a way to shrink these pets. It's a quality of life improvement that benefits everyone and doesn't change the course of game play in any way that would be detrimental to a classic gaming environment.
  11. Feradach Augur

Yes there is an option to click-through pets, and for buffing you can just hit F1 twice to target your pet.