[Request] New spells & AAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Roxas MM Augur

beastlord focus lasting as long as shaman focus pretty please....
  2. Malbro Augur

Beastlord: Updated AC buff. Last one was level 56.

I agree with the first poster on the invis.
  3. Viper1 Augur

Get rid of IVU altogether and have undead mobs use the same invis check that live mobs use. Invis should hide you from all non-see-invis mobs regardless of their dead/undead status. Convert all current IVU spells lines to live invis lines for classes that only have IVU.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just give everyone a "Gate to Guildhall Anchor" AA (like Origin) and the problem is solved.
    Yinla, Tucoh and Viper1 like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Your solution is to nerf everyone because some guilds can't create a policy to manage how they deal with guild member anchors? Why is it that the guilds who want or like the anchors in the guild hall should lose that ability because some guilds lack the ability to manage the guild hall properly? Seems to me that it is something you don't like and just want to take away from everyone.
    Tatanka likes this.
  6. Szilent Augur

My suggestion was to replace 2 personal teleports with 4. As I don't understand your interpretation, I cannot help that you view such a change as a nerf.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you need to reread what you asked for

I see mention of a single new anchor not two but even if you do add two new guild anchors you are still asking for nerfs. Some people want and like personal anchors in the guild hall and there is no reason to limit that as a guild can prevent players from doing that already. You are also asking it to be limited to a per property and as I have said not everyone has a single plot let alone multiple. Limiting it to one per property would limit how many some could use (or force them to by plots).

In the end control of how anchors work in the guild halls should be controlled by each guild not a forced change because a few don't like it.

Another solution that they could do is create an npc that can players can give them to so they don't have to place them in the guild hall but could still port to them.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That would also work, really need something to stop with anchors going missing and limiting the number of other items we can have in the guild hall.

We are starting to also get overwhelmed with port items (paintings, etc). Would be nice if there was another way to use those items instead of having them all placed.
  9. ShadowMan Augur

Not sure a giant catch all thread like this will work as well as the old by class versions but Lifetap poisons brought back and a higher critical nuke mod for rogues considering "poison procs" which are nukes are their thing.

Zerkers currently get lifetap from weapon damage both active and passive. Monks get 30s mend and a few other save your butt tools. Rogues haven't had a lifetap poison since like OOW and its unlikley they just get lifetap from melee like others for that extra help.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I have no idea why EQ devs didn't delete those stupid anchors years ago and give everyone a "gate to guild hall" AA or two. The amount of money they spend on support tickets for the guilds running into anchor issues has to be immense.

The only downside is that I'll miss the huge T i carved in the middle of Ring of Valor's guild hall with my box army's minimum size anchors.
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The support issues from answering questions on why the guild hall teleport aa took them to the regular guild hall and not the neighborhood one would be worse.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Who is suggesting we get an AA that goes to that dump?
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Its time that bards get battle res.
  14. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Because it has to go somewhere that exists in game ... ALWAYS. And not every guild has a neighborhood guild hall.

Neighborhood guild halls are transient by nature, with different types and different locations in the world.

If they cannot get anchors right, what makes you think that they could get the aa you actually want right?
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Tokens exist. Spend that loyalty.

I'm actually down with everyone having a zero percent rezz aa (probably out of combat). The problem is that they cannot differentiate popup windows and the sheer amount of grief from it would probably cause people to quit the game.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This would be a horrible idea as everyone already has access to a real rez via mercs and the only restrictions on using those would be in a raid where you would have other rezzers. And besides that you would have issues with people refusing them as they would lose xp (I have had people not take a call and wait for a rez before) or people using them to grief people with a 0% rez.

Rez is already farmed out enough as it is with mercs and rez tokens and I see no reason to farm it out even more. There are 4 classes that can rez which includes the 3 main healing classes so there is little reason for a group not to have one.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Why not. It makes as much sense as bards being the first to get double invis.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

5, pallys and necros can rez also, not sure which you missed. :)
  19. Act of Valor The Newest Member

What would be the point of invisibility at all, then? May as well make everything non agro.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Every class can already cast invis if they carry invis potions on them so at this point in the game why can't they get a method of invis that isn't expendable? And what you are saying is just silly as there are plenty of mobs that see through invis so that it doesn't make the game perfectly safe.