Request: More Purchasable Mercenary AA Abilities

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laurana, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Laurana Augur

We did not receive any additional purchasable AAs for mercenaries with the release of ToV. Hopefully we can plan on including some for the next expansion. As it stands, it only takes about 950 AA to max every merc type. And, with merc AA so easy to come by and no way to re-direct this AA to your EXP or own AA, it's essentially "lost."

I see a few threads about other aspects of merc AA, but have not seen anything since initial asking about additional merc AA abilities since the ToV beta forums, or even prior to that.

Thanks. Sincerely, someone who's maxed merc AA for a long time now.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Mercs receive exp the same as a normal player character in a group. They "take" the same exp by virtue of being in the group as they did before they added merc AAs.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I personally don't think merc AA's should be continued. My max AA merc is night and day compared to a 'normal' merc.

Merc's should be fill ins not real members of the group. My merc is too strong.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, mercs suck compared to a real player playing decent. But there is no reason to ever make mercs better (and a huge risk of unbalancing things since they are npcs)
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Invite a real Cleric.
  5. eqgamer Augur

That's all you got?
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

New merc AAs is absolutely pointless until the code that determines their " logic" gets fixed. No point in giving the healer merc more AA when all they do is spam group heals while everyone goes splat.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Zantor Augur

If your lucky to get a real cleric. Most good to decent clerics have a perma group or get a group with with in minutes. In guide, refuse to use a merc and TS's of such till a group with a cleric forms. Often with hours going by.

Granted, mercs should be never be as a real cleric. But some new mercs AA's would be nice.
    eqgamer likes this.