Request for Heel of XXX line

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Agrippa, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Agrippa Augur

This is a simple request for the monk's Heel of xxx line. It's evolved to one of the monk's main burns now. To get the most out of it, we're expected to spam flying kick once per second for the duration. It's rather ridiculous to require this much button mashing on top of spamming synergy, stunning kick, tiger claw, etc. every time they come up. I'm willing to bet that monks are already on top when it comes to button mashing. Why require so much more? So my suggestion is to change it to pressing flying kick as normal (once every three seconds), but have it fire three flying kicks. One press, three kicks, instead of three presses for three kicks. I know some love playing , but there are many others that still point and click, even though the amount of clicking in EQ has gone to ludicrous levels. Thanks for your consideration.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Use a multibind that fires all of those abilities at the same time. There now you only have to hit 1 button problem solved.
  3. Agrippa Augur

Like I said, I prefer not to play style heh
  4. Ravengloome Augur

A multibind is not a macro it doesnt have pauses. YOu need to constantly mash it. it just fires Synergy Tiger claw and Flying kick maybe Phantom thingy or Cloud of Fists.
  5. SaderakhBertox Augur

I get what you are saying, but I'd still end up mashing anyway. All the timers get out of sync with one another, so you mash no matter. It's not a macro. 5 or 6 different hot buttons are on the hot bar. Each one of those hot buttons is set up in options to be used with the same keypress. Maybe you mean that. I don't know.
  6. SaderakhBertox Augur

Oh, and it makes it closer to fair to get your max burn by having to do that repeatedly. If the mob moves at all, you may miss some or all of your burn. Berserkers have to endure worse, so it is only vaguely similar, but similar.
  7. Agrippa Augur

While I appreciate the key binding work around, it doesn't really help me and other point and click mouse players that solely use the keyboard for movement.
  8. Nedrom Augur

This won't be changed. You're playing your monk incorrectly.

I suggest that you do some research on how to be an effective monk. There are a lot of guides on Monkly Business.
  9. SaderakhBertox Augur

No, that is incorrect. He chooses to play his way. This could be for many different reasons. For the majority, it is the least efficient means, but for him, it may be the most.
  10. Rinerin New Member

Rogues have had to mash backstab with Frenzied Stabbing for years. It's not just monk specific.
  11. Reprisal Augur

Don't worry, that's what many say about the class they play, regardless of what class it is. Everyone's pretty mashy at this point, and it's not likely to change a lot.
  12. Agrippa Augur

Nedrom is likely correct. The game has evolved to such a ridiculous level of button mashing it's literally impossible to play point and click style like it was at first. Unless the developers make changes, like the one I've suggested, people are forced to use keybinds and play style over using a mouse. There is no possible way to click everything fast enough to perform well. I resign and will either have to have to make tons of macros and start using the keyboard almost exclusively or start looking for another game that is mouse friendly.
  13. RagePaw Augur

Virtually every class has to do some form of button mashing now, the only class I can think of that does not is bards.
  14. Kendo New Member

Socials hotkey:
    1. /disc ______'s synergy (rk. ii if needed)
    2. /alt activate 469 (stunning kick)
    3. /doability 1 (flying kick top left of abilities page)
    4. /doabilty 2 (tiger claw top right of abilities page)
    5. /disc cloud of fists OR phantom partisan

spam it, end of story
  15. fransisco Augur

Just what Kendo said.
    Be sure not to use any pauses that casters need to. That can screw up using other abilities until the cycle runs through.
  16. Braveheart Augur

Selo's Kick
    Cacophany
    Boastful Bellow
    Vang Shout (AE be careful)

Then all the DPS hotkeys.
  17. Kicaz New Member

I used to find that typing a bunch of stuff into a socials hotkey would bug things out and it would miss things.
    Has this been fixxed? Will it run through the entire social without interruption even if your mashing a bunch of other things?
  18. alidan Lorekeeper

than re roll a new class

i dont want my chance to proc off a thunderfoot hindered because you don't want o make a multibind for kick tiger claw synergy and so on. let the people willing to play this class right play it unhindered and you can go off and play... wait whats this, any dps needs to allot of button mashing to be played effectively... well... don't know what to say, play a tank maybe? I dont think they require mashing, they just require you to hit the right buttons at the right time.
  19. Repthor Augur

tanks mash to . so thats a no go
  20. Ravengloome Augur

Basically all classes at 100 require mash. Go play the project 99 if you don't want to mash.