[Request] Boardless Window

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Recnarp, Jan 14, 2014.

1. withteeth Journeyman

I would like the same thing as the OP.
  2. Iila Augur

Since it's already been necro'd, I still want this.
  3. Ainae New Member

Has this been implemented in the meantime ?
  4. Zigie Journeyman

For windows 7, CONTROL PANEL, EASE OF ACCESS CENTER, MAKE THE MOUSE EASIER TO USE, checkbox PREVENT WINDOWS FROM BEING AUTOMATICALLY ARRANGED WHEN MOVED TO THE EDGE OF THE SCREEN.

in windows 10--START--SETTINGS(cog icon on the left hand side)---SYSTEM---MULTITASKING---When I snap a windows, automatically size it to fill available space, slide the slider to OFF.

Now make EQ into a window mode. Click the BOX icon(between X and underscore) in the top right of the EQ window to UNMAXIMMIZE it, then drag the corners to make it full side to side. Grab the top border and slide it UP OFF the top of the screen so the border is off the desktop and the top line IS your UI.

Right click your taskbar, select taskbar settings, AUTOMATICALLY HIDE THE TASKBAR IN DESKTOP MODE, slide the slider to ON, this will hide the taskbar when not hovering on it, and drag the rest of the EQ window clear to the bottom of your screen.

DONE.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

When I was playing a different game, I came across this AutoHotkey (separate program) script that did what you were looking for. Since it doesn't appear to be game-specific, it might work with EQ? I use I S Box er to accomplish what you are trying to do, so I haven't tested it. Once you have the program installed, double-click the script and then press F12 in game:

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
    ; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
    SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
    SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

F12::
    WinGet, WindowID, ID, A
    WinSet, Style, -0xC40000, ahk_id %WindowID%
    WinMove, ahk_id %WindowID%, , 0, 0, A_ScreenWidth, A_ScreenHeight
    return