Reporting a griefer / boxer on Agnarr

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SithWizard, Jun 26, 2017.

1. SithWizard Elder

Brief summary.. dude running like 10 boxes on a true box server walks in and steals our groups camp in the hole. Tried talking to him and asked him to leave, dude refused and started flat out lying to us.
    Enter my Irish temper and my brand of "cheaters justice".

He had so many toons I did not get all their names, Kixel was one, Kixen and alot of kix stuff. Mostly gnomes. I broke his mezzes and let him eat it! Yeah I admit it, dude was a jerk and had it coming.
    Image of conversation with one of his bots linked below.
    http://i.imgur.com/1d9sEOT.jpg
  2. Vizula-Emarr Elder

So you trained and griefed someone for stealing something that doesnt exist to daybreak amd then continue to plaster peoples names in forum...

Your justice may need some rethinking lol.
  3. mackal Augur

Nothing wrong with that. Only if they were using 3rd party software that you have 0 evidence of them running would it be against the rules.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I am starting to think people don't pay attention to the forum guidelines. Using another players name in the forums is a violation. Admitting that you actually broke an in game rule of breaking his mez (pretty sure this one is still illegal its like intentionally training someone) does not work so well for you either. As mentioned how do you know he is just that skilled and assume he is a cheater? Let the company decide that one. I don't agree with the whole running through someone's camp thing but you cant violate the rules in the process either. Lastly this is the player support forum..... where exactly do you need support? This should probably be placed under the TLP threads. In any case expect the thread to be removed.
  5. code-zero Augur

It's not often that you see someone blatantly provide the documentation for their own bannage
  6. feeltheburn Augur

i believe your logic here and complaint sir are both sorely misguided. Welcome tho to your own possible enforcement of authority to your misgivings.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yep... you need to look up what "True Box" means. You're bright as a burnt out lightbulb.
  8. Anhari Augur

Agreed, we need to help people get more educated on what a "true-box: is. I for one made a bad assumption about that in the past.

• If the person is skilled enough to run 6 or more individual COMPUTERS with individual clients on them and is NOT using a 3rd party software package to 1. Send a single keystroke to every client at the same time, and 2. Alters the game client in any way then they are NOT in violation of the rules.
    • Camp stealing is NOT against the rules, as far as the actual rules of Everquest goes. It does violate self-imposed rules of adequate within the community, but DB will not punish you from doing so.
    • Purposefully training someone IS a violation of the play-nice rules and can be punished, as well as mez. breaking or otherwise impairing the rightful conduct of another player. Just because they can come in and out DPS you on a "camp" is not a reason to report them
    • Using another in-game characters name in these forums is a violation of the rules of this board, and can get you banned from them.
    Please take a few minutes to read the forum rules, the Play-Nice rules and DB's (and SOE's) take on what a "camp" is and their "rules" governing them.

The overall caveat of this game, just go have fun. If someone comes in and can "kick" you out of your spot, just suck it up, and move on! YES it sucks, but it is JUST A GAME! Get over it. There is a lot of content to this game, even on Agnarr and the other progression servers. If there isn't enough, then go play on a live server where there is over 18 years and 23 expansions, that I can probably bet you have NOT mastered yet. this is not WoW where everything is spoon fed to you.
  9. Hotel New Member

I disagree that boxing is botting, that is not the same thing. With that said, it is very unlikely that a single player is using 10 separate pc's to run 10 chars, so I would say it is most likely you are correct.

I think it is also not skill to multi-box with individual PC's, anyone can do it, the why is the key.

Also, dispelling a mez is not a violation, especially when they mez a mob that you are fighting or in the camp you are at, just like mezzing is not. If someone is rude enough (and there are many more now that are than there were in the day) to try and control and steal your camp, then IMO, they set the stage and have no grounds to complain. Most of these type of players are just selfish IMO, as it is not really a skill, as they wish to portray it as.

In recent years I have noticed quite a few on the boards here, try to justify camp stealing as ok, do to it not being a violation of the game rules (just like dispelling a charm or mez is not a violation). This is all an attempt to rationalize their bad behavior as ok to themselves, and attempt to convince the community that it is ok. Fight them back with the tools the game gave you, just as they are using those tools (but they don't want you to, so they can continue to steal a camp)

There are people in game playing multiple characters on one pc on Agnarr, that is a fact, and has been admitted to by some.

You should not name characters names on the forums, as it is a violation.

You see, the ones doing this wish for you to play nice, and for them to be able to do anything they want without consequence. Fortunately that is not the reality
  10. Anhari Augur

I hate to dispel those who legitimately multi-box with more than one PC on Agnarr and Phinny (or Ragefire?). I do abhor those who play multiple CLIENTS on ONE PC, since this is clearly a violation of the rules as stated by DB in the launch notes and the FAQ's for Agnarr. If anyone tells me that they are doing so, then I am going to report them on the spot (so I can capture their /tell or chat text). I play by the rules, I expect others to do so. If you can play by the rules and can take on the MOB's in the game, then I applaud you. I even applaud the 6 boxers that set up a command center in thief homes.

Also, camp stealing is NOT a violation of any rule in the game, sine SONY and Daybreak have repeatedly said that camps do NOT exist in the game. They do state that if you grief or otherwise interrupt the legitimate game play of others, and you violate the published play nice rules, then you WILL be reprehended up to and including banning.