Removed the 'All Access Days Left:' label in the inventory window.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by modsiw, Jul 15, 2020.

1. modsiw Augur

Why did you do this?

This is going to be a colossal pain. I have 8 active accounts. I try to consume Krono to prevent billing my card. Checking each of these accounts via the website is so much more time consuming than looking at the inventory screen.

To avoid this tedium, I'll either have to risk prematurely consuming a Krono or risk my card being billed. I guess these two situations are good for DBG...
    Cacky, Kurage_of_Luclin and Duder like this.
  2. Finchy Augur

does something make sense? no? then it will be implemented.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  3. dreadlord Augur

Caell, xcitng, Cacky and 1 other person like this.
  4. modsiw Augur

Thanks dreadlord.

I missed the one in this forum bc subject is vague and the one in player support bc I don't usually visit player support.

@dreamweaver Please lock
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

if you goto sc store u can tell if you got more than 30 days left were claim monthly reward is. will say u need to add more time for next reward or it wont. Im sad to see it go too came in handy.

Andarriel
  6. Sobmre Augur

im guessing that it had to pull the "days" data into the client somehow and they removed to stop that net work traffic
  7. Tappin Augur

You can’t use the store method if use Krono exclusively.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They removed it because it doesn't work properly, and it wasn't easily fixable. Read the other thread for details from Discord.
  9. Tappin Augur

Why couldn’t they have replaced it with something else? Like the date listed under your account. Maybe it can be listed on launcher instead? Where’s the effort at? Sigh.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I don't know, they said it wasn't working and other things had priority basically... /shrug.
  11. svann Augur

Maybe the rumor is true that kronos are discontinuing.

JK - IM KIDDING
  12. Tappin Augur

It doesn’t take but a minute to copy and paste some code from one screen to another.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Well hell dude, why aren't you a video game designer?
    Tatanka and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  14. Nadisia Augur

It's not game design, it's just a poor mysql or whatever quiery to get the right field from the right table.
    Seriously, in 2020, old code or not, if a company that works on online games cannot properly handle this type of problem, that says a lot.

Remove a feature, even a minor one (and this one is not that minor for people with multiple accounts who have now to deal with their site and this stupid captcha every time they want to check their sub, for every single account.) is cheap, and poor.
    Don't remove features, fix them, or at least in that case, give people a way to merge their accounts into a single global structure (like blizzard with their bnet accounts, for instance), to handle all the accounts globally, and don't let the users play ping pong with this silly site to get their membership infos.

Because in our case, for my husband and me, with 6 accounts, it's stupid.

But even that ... :rolleyes:
    Caell, cadres and dreadlord like this.
  15. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

EQ is hiring , now is your time to shine. Fix it all!
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I guess all those folks who keep saying every issue is easy to fix will snap up those jobs. :)
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You could do something novel like figure out your billing cycle and write it on a piece of paper, input it into your phone's calendar, or any of the other million ways humans have kept track of bills without the benefit of a in game counter.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If only we knew what the problem was, and why it doesn't work...

And it affects me as well, I have 6 accounts. It sucks for me too. The captcha doesn't affect me at all, I'm not paranoid about Google.
  19. Nadisia Augur

I won't, for sure. I'm more than happy with my job and my QoL ;)
    But the next time one of my patrons will have an issue with his DB or will struggle with the dashboard, I'll try to use this fancy «Remove Da Button» technique, and sweep the dust under the rug.
    I guess he'll appreciate ... or not. :p
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They might not have anyone who can fix it atm.

And I assume your clients want more then to be able to play a 21 year old game so I suspect their expectations might be higher :)
    Nennius likes this.