Remove the level 85 start on the new November TLP server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EEpromm, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Machen New Member

Krono...
  2. Machen New Member

Also besides krono, tradeskill mats will be very much desired.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Krono.
  4. Midnitewolf Augur

Ok, I guess money for tradeskill mats makes sense because I forgotten that a Heroic Character does not come with any tradeskills leveled.

As far a Krono though, I wouldn't think there would be much of a market for them until enough gear upgrades made it into the bazaar. I know the reason I generally buy Krono is to buy gear so with a full set of level 85 gear day one, it just doesn't seem like I would need much Krono and since I am starting at day one. Also with the same amount of cash as everyone else, I would think pricing would be pretty well aligned with how much the average character can earn in game because no one is going to be able to afford super high prices until they have had the chance to grind enough plat to afford super high prices. It is kind of like going to a third world country with the latest gaming laptop and asking the average person to pay you $5000 for it. It might be nice to have, but when they earn $1.00 per day, who they hell is going to buy it from you.
  5. code-zero Augur

Starting in HoT I think Dream Motes or something like that i the currency for purchasing the in era armor. Not sure what tradeskill items are hot at that time. I do recall that the CotF tradeskilled armor and weapons were pretty decent
  6. Machen New Member

The tier 1 armor is tradeable, so that would sell. Only a slight upgrade to what heroic characters start with though, so maybe not much.

Ores and silks/pelts for leveling smithing and tailoring will be the biggest sellers. You need smithing/tailoring to make the templates to be able to make group/raid armor pieces.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

This server is for the people who already saw and killed Quarm 400 million times and are sick of that. You "Classic" farmers have had more then a dozen servers to replay dead content on. Let the guys on the other side of the fence have this one.
    Ootax likes this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

I thought that is why fippy is still open?
  9. Ootax Augur

I'm looking forward to this server. I think 75 and TSS would of been better but I'll take this too. After already playing on Sleeper, Fippy, Ragefire, Phinny, Quarm, and some Selos I've had my fill of the classic stuff. Yes I can go play on any other server and play the recent stuff but what is exiting about this to me is starting fresh with everyone new guilds popping up, probably some sort of race(maybe), no one to PL you or help you out really fast. Will be interesting to see what raids guilds go after first and such. That's all the exiting part to me.

I also wonder if the sleeper is going to be active on this sever. Has there ever been any chance for people to actually go after him in a scenario like this? Was he active on Quarm?
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

The biggest unknown I'd like to actually follow up on is what established guilds care about actually making this their home. It will presumably have slower-than-selo exp, there is already an old (Phinny) and a new (Selo) TLP around this era, and all the hardcore Trilogy hoppers will not find a soul in old Norrath to get their fix.

My guess is it won't be very bustling without something more compelling than a level 85 pre-bloated giveaway toon. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, of course.
  11. Radical New Member

Start with zero plat, PLEASE.

I really think this is the server all the cool kids will be at. I was never cool. I WILL BE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Sleeper will be in his pre-awakened state, I expect there to be a group of 85s that rush down there Day 1 to wake it.
    Gherig likes this.
  13. Numiko Augur

If the loyalty merchant is live on it i think she will be selling a lot of those bags of plats ...
  14. strongbus Augur

here the thing there do have the resources. and the templates are already made. gota remember on the beta server you can beta buff a toon to any level you want. how hard would it be to take the beta buff 105 templates over to live and such?
  15. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I am sure the 85 mark was chosen because they already have fully geared lvl 85 templates to use on the server for every class. The amount of work it would take to make every class a new template and gear it would be prohibitive for the Dev Team's allotted hours for making TLP's.
  16. Midnitewolf Augur

I am not so sure.

While Selo's progression rate is compelling at first, I personally feel it is much too fast. Not so much the leveling rate but the rate at which expansions are launched. Basically by the time you get flagged for the current contents raids, your only a week or so away from the next expansion which requires you to get new flags for new raid. Honestly you have to be pretty hardcore to keep up on Selo so I think quite a few people would gravitate to the slower pace on the new server.

As far as Phinny, I really think this new server will be an excuse for people to leave Phinny specifically because the don't have to start completely over from scratch. Honestly to me, that is one of the most daunting things about switching servers, having to start completely over with nothing. With the new server your going to avoid that.

As far as the trilogy hoppers, I also think there are a ton of people tired of starting over from level 1 and redoing the old content. I also feel that they didn't have many options because if you wanted to experience the newer content, you previously had to face the uphill battle of starting on a already established server and trying to catch up which is tough to do when only about 1%% of the population isn't already at max level. No groups makes things tough in a game designed around grouping.

So the compelling reason to play on the new server, IS going to be the level 85, fully equipped start and access to an advanced expansion with all the creature comforts and quality of life enhancements located therein. Hell for me this will be the first time I will be able to use my loyalty crowns or any of my claims since I came back to EQ since none of that works in early content TLPs. That, in and over itself is compelling.

Still, if history shows us anything, none of the TLPs have much of a long lifespan and I am not sure what the magic formula is going to be to get the majority of everyone on one server, thus allowing it to flourish and be fun
  17. That0neguy Augur

a group? It could be solo'd.
  18. Brutality952 New Member

If this is what you desire then start a level 1 on a live server.
  19. Machen New Member

I don't think people who are still playing on Phinny will have any interest in giving up all the time and effort invested in their current characters just to redo the last two expansions' of content. When you've played on a server for four+ years, you've got a lot of work invested. The average player has spent hundreds if not thousands of hours maxing tradeskill trophies, working on shawl 3.0, and farming achievements, not to mention farming gear that is vastly superior to what heroic toons start with. If you've never played in the eras with tradeskill trophies or achievements, it's hard to understand how significant those things are. To give them all up, there has to be some significant incentive. I just don't see this server offering that to Phinny players.

The only way I think this might possibly draw some people away from Phinny is if it ends up being non-truebox. A few might give up all the time, effort etc they've put in, to be able to have less restricitons on boxing. But even so, players that are still playing on Phinny have figured out ways to make it work for them under truebox. So even here, I'd be surprised to see any significant exodus.
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

From an in-game standpoint, starting with currency is basically a non-issue. The amount of currency that comes with a Heroic Toon is negligible and everybody will be on the same even footing.

But it will be interesting to see how strong the Krono market is: While lots of TLP players complain about kronos and RMTs, they are a huge chunk of DBG's income. I'm curious to see how much demand there will be for Kronos when the best gear is No Trade.