Remove mages from the game

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Matari, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Matari Augur

Daybroken absolutely hates mages. Just give up this charade and the delete the class. Give us the choice of a different class with equal level, AAs, and gear. 'Nuff said.
    DeleteMages likes this.
  2. Coronay Augur

Doooo ittt!!! Be somebody daybreak!!!!
    DeleteMages likes this.
  3. Sindaiann Augur

4. Carel Da Bard Journeyman

I've been playing sense 2003. Mages have been complaining as long as I've been playing and you have no clue how awesome your class is now. Mages went from being a complete joke to the best class in the game. (Subjective)
  5. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Totally. went from "sub par wizards" to "soloing gods"

Take 10 minutes, and learn how to play one.
  6. Kolani Augur

Shut up and appreciate that you have a role other than vending machine with a pet that gets told to go away - or you get invised if you don't do it.
    DeleteMages likes this.
  7. Leex Pewpewer

I'm not surprised to see a thread like this pop up..A lot of casual players who play pet classes are having a ton of issues right now. The buff that is supposed to increase hatred is extremely under powered.

Even I got frustrated at first, pulling aggro off my pet with 1 nuke.
    Addler, DeleteMages, Drayze and 2 others like this.
  8. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Don't worry you may soon get your wish. Mages are quiting the game along with other classes and taking there $$$ with them!
    Faana, Hiladdar and DeleteMages like this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

A+ Thread. Would read again.
    Sophism, Quuq, Faana and 5 others like this.
  10. Matari Augur

Go troll some other thread.
    Addler, Faana and DeleteMages like this.
  11. Vdidar Augur

You really have to love the people who say learn to play your class lol. I know how to play a Mage and they are the suck now.
    DeleteMages likes this.
  12. Numiko Augur

you know you have screwed with pets when you make enchanters the No.1 pet class in the game....
    Addler, Agrippa, DeleteMages and 2 others like this.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

As if necro's don't exsist ?
    Faana and DeleteMages like this.
  14. snailish Augur

Only way I could see a class being removed from the game is if they streamlined archetypes in some sort of multi-classing system (So mage + wizard both grow into a new class level 106+ or something). Since class lines overlap traditionally (let alone all the recent years creeping of roles/abilities) I can't see this happening as it would upset too many people (just think of the arguments "you put rogue and bard together, I wanted rogue + ranger").

EQ has never tried to have class balance (like some other games), just ask real long-term Zek players. That being said, I would suggest that serious raid guild class representation is more consistent and resistant to "flavour of the expac" class popularity. The casual/grouping game however has changed a lot over time.

Mages have ruled the casual game for a number of years, int casters in general likely account for the lion's share of the casual population. This is especially true on any server launched after Morden Rasp. Contrast this to the first 5 years of EQ when you rarely saw a mage in the casual game... lots of druids and rangers though.

Personally I would have just adjusted pet strength (hit power, durability) to be more in line with how a mage had to play Velious/Luclin era than all the aggro changes, but a lot of players were abusing pet classes (especially on newer servers with a RMT market). Having raid bosses cast AoE summoned and undead spells might have been a solution too... or maybe "charm summoned" (that would be kind of funny if you brought dozens of mage pets to the raid).
    DeleteMages likes this.
  15. Blurred_Memories Augur

Enchanters have always been the No.1 pet class in the game.
    Quuq, Sindaiann and DeleteMages like this.
  16. Blurred_Memories Augur

Talked to some of my mage friends who aren't complaining as much as others. Apparently they can still molo named in the highest levels of the game. If someone is having problems, I think there is a serverwide channel for every class you can pop into and get help from those more capable.
  17. Sancus Augur

Yes, while you have a 90% aggro reduction buff on you (Silent Casting), pet aggro probably isn't a problem?

I'm probably just a Mage, but with every aggro utility I have at my disposal (Aggro swords, Provocative Demeanor, every proc I can think of other than Dichotomic), I'm pulling aggro off of my pet on normal trash mobs pretty quickly. My RS pet loses aggro after 2 or 3 nukes.

But please, enlighten me on how I should manage my aggro more competently? Only play during Silent Casting? Don't nuke? :rolleyes:
    Agrippa, DeleteMages and Igniz like this.
  18. Matari Augur

Another troll. Have you ever played a group geared mage in the current content? Apparently not. The class niche was SOLOing. With the current change I cannot solo the current content.
    Addler and DeleteMages like this.
  19. Numiko Augur

maybe if they use charmed pets then yea they would be close.
    DeleteMages likes this.
  20. jiri_ Augur

Long-term Zek players are the worst to ask about class balance, because what they want out of balancing efforts is totally different to what the majority of the playing population wants. PvE and PvP games are balanced differently, and the bright line Everquest has drawn between the two (in contrast to, say, Dark Ages of Camelot) means that one is going to be neglected, inevitably.
    Omnicronimous likes this.
  21. Iila Augur

If mages weren't here, some other class would have to get the vindictive nerfs every patch.

Thanks for being there for the rest of us, mages.