Remove Elixir of Greater Concentration as out of era until PoP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Iyvy Augur

Greater Concentration potions and Qeynos Tea are out of error and contribute to the power creep on the TLP servers, as well as trivializing their respective trade skills. They did not exist in original classic EQ and make leveling and monetizing Alchemy and Brewing trivialy easy. Greater concentration potions especially make the rest of alchemy totally skippable and add 2 mp6 to basically all players, which is a huge boon to casters and part of why casters are so strong the first few expansions. Their removal would help balance caster and reduce the ease and triviality of alchemy, as well as slightly nerf shamans.
  2. malaki Augur

They should also remove focus effects and go the whole way and make casters unplayable from jump so nobody will have to be disappointed when PoP releases on each TLP because they rolled one. Or do you also feel that they should reduce weapon/offense skillcaps back to classic levels and go back to classic combat tables as well?
  3. taliefer Augur

I think they should Classic the Classic, and also classicize those Classicers. The classic you get from Classic just isnt classic classic, so lets classicerate all the classic
    Meridian likes this.
  4. That One Guy Augur

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Obviously this guy is just making a joke post. He can't be serious by suggesting that conc potions are a part of why casters are so strong in the first few expansions. Pretty sure none of the army of mages use conc potions...

He almost had me too, thinking he was serious at first. Good post! Great laugh!
  5. a_librarian Augur

Glad you are keeping busy Iyvy
  6. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Meridian likes this.
  7. Hinastrom Elder

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Games grindy and slow enough in the group game, we don't need to slow it down anymore. Casters are op in classic, then no one wants them in groups over melee kunark+.

We like the quality of life stuff on tlps, go to p99 or other private servers for your holy "classic" experience.
    Barton likes this.
  8. Iyvy Augur

Army of mages are for newbs. All the best players are duoing or trioing.

2 mp6 triples your standing regen, and at 50 with clarity while medding you're only getting about 30 total regen, which makes 2 regen a 7% increase to mana, and that's while sitting and medding, while standing with clarity that goes up to a 20% increase in mana regen.

20% mana regen while doing things is a pretty huge mana regen increase. As is triple for pallies, SKs, and what not who don't like to med very much.

It's a pretty big bonus. More importantly it IS out of error, and it ruins Alchemy.

Instead of making and selling a variety of potions to level alchemy, you just spend 5 000 plat to spam conc pots and you're max. Boooooooooring.
  9. That0neguy Augur

so are both healing pots, bandoleer, spell effects, melee AA, augs, and a million other things, yet I don't see you calling for a nerf to them? Why is that? 0.o
  10. Iyvy Augur

There are 3 healing pots, and all 3 were in game, though they were slightly weaker and didn't stack with chloro and were also much more expensive. But this falls under "spell changes" which isn't the same as "out of era". Bandoleer doesn't do anything, its the same as click from bag which they added, and its a UI change I'm sort of in favour of. Augs are cosmtic and a form of monetization, they're fine.

Spell effects should be removed, and devs have mentioned they intend to.
  11. snailish Augur

I'd like to see the cast time of non-combat, non-gate spells improved. That means greater concentration pots (as they stand out as ridiculous with their current long cast time).

As for era of the potions, seems the original 5-dose versions were a Luclin item?

Was the original recipe so easily done?

I don't remember seeing alchemy potions readily available in baz on my original server circa PoP-LDoN?
  12. That0neguy Augur

Lol. Love the justification. These heals pots were not in game until DoN. Really augs are cosmetic? Didn't realize the stun proc ones I have in my wep made it look cooler.

And way to read into what prathun said about spell effects. He said that for them to even consider removing MOTM they would need spells reverted and spell effects removed and that they went opposed to tackling it. No where did he state they were actively working on it or even wanted to do it.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Junior00 Elder

I wouldn't want to see these removed without a complete overhaul, which the guy above already said would take effort and isn't likely being worked on currently.

On another note, That0neguy I thought you played on Coirnav, you got some hidden gem of getting a stun aug in Luclin?
  14. taliefer Augur

stun augs are available on every server from day 1 in every starting city
    Barton likes this.
  15. taliefer Augur

i still cant see this meme without having flashbacks to the mass effect 3 ending debacle :/
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Tea Trival is like 220 takes both a forged and drop piece, you can get 248 brewing with cheaper vendor stuff. Tea isn't good for skill ups and doesn't add anything meaningful to player power.

Greater concs give 3 mana a tick not 2. So 60 Mana ever 2 mins. Those out of era healing pots give a free 225 mana spell ever 2 mins
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=50065

Are intentionally buyable in classic
  18. malaki Augur

Yeah, but that goes against his casters are evil narrative. Classic is the one time casters are significantly better than melee and it's mostly because classic weapons are terrible. If there were some 1/2 ratio 1 handers and some 4/5 or whatever ratio 2 handers it wouldn't be a problem. He doesn't seem to care about the fact that Kunark to early PoP that melee and casters are roughly equal and that melee become far better once geared in PoP until around level 80.
  19. Junior00 Elder

Ah, I knew they did DD and always used them but I never realized that it had a stun portion to it.
  20. Spayce Augur

Who wants to tell this genius the phrase he’s looking for is “out of era”, not “out of error”?