Remove Anon from game

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Plumbus, Jul 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plumbus Lorekeeper

The only people I ever see with anon on , are the ones boxing 6 plus toons , ksing , griefing and being overall pos. At least remove anon and let them experience some consequences for their actions.
    Raccoo likes this.
  2. Ruhi Augur

/guildstatus
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  3. Mrjon3s Augur

What consequences? If they are in a guild that cares they may get kicked which I doubt and will just join a guild that doesn't care. Just make a hotkey /guildstatus and target someone then click the button. It will tell you what guild they are in and rank.
    Sourire likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People use anon for reasons besides the ones you mentioned.
  5. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

Did you know that back when raids were open world, we required everyone in the guild to use /role so that the other guilds wouldn't be able to know what mob we were mobilizing to? /Role = /anon but allows the guild to see your whereabouts on the guild tool, while anon makes you UNKNOWN to even guildies.

So, /anon or /role are set for other reasons outside of "KSing, Griefing, or being a POS"
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  6. Gio1999 Augur

Only a handful of guilds care, if that. Like my old guild on Agnarr cared, but they were dumb and insignificant too.
  7. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Years ago I made my mage perma Anon. The reason why, every single time I ran through POK, or even when I was in a zone fighting. I would get a random tell asking for pet toys. Unless I'm just sitting around doing little to nothing, I don't have time to drop what I'm doing to give everyone pet toys.

The good thing, it works. No more pet toy tells.

Edit: I'm sorry, I'm in permanent role playing mode. You can see what guild I'm in but not my class.
    Sourire likes this.
  8. Plumbus Lorekeeper

Just ranting is all, tired of getting bullied by people using cheat programs. It is what it is I guess.
  9. bardybard Augur

What consequences? What you are going to put them on some sort of "no grouping" list?
    What exactly seeing their level and guild tag (if any, and usually if it is any guild it is their own) would do?
  10. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

It's ok to rant and get out your frustrations.

Every TLP EQ server I played on, there is a HUGE dropoff of the "bullies" after PoP when the end zone goes "instanced"....

11. Rhythar Augur

Cheaters love anon, so I'm in favor of removing it. However, I think the real issue is that the company doesn't actively encourage or enforce friendly, respectful gameplay.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

I hear cheaters love Misty Thicket Picnics too, let's remove them also!
    Bardy McFly and Gnothappening like this.
  13. Elskidor Augur

I do it to avoid being bugged about ports, rezzes, pet toys or whatever the class I might be playing has that some feel entitled to while I'm busy. I don't care to help but people can't always stop what they're doing at the drop of a hat. I love getting a tell wanting a port and for me to go to them only to find one of the other many Druids they were spam telling got to them first. Waste of time. Sometimes Anonymous keeps your sane.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Bingo.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. Rhythar Augur

/anon makes it easier to get away with bad behavior and encourages it.
    Allworth likes this.
  16. Allworth Elder

I've been trained constantly by these anon KSing griefing box armies. They are sneaky and devious. They are monopolizing all the spawns in places like Lower Guk. I wish something could be done about this. I felt like quitting on the weekend due to the toxicity of these miscreants.
  17. Bowdeen Elder

How does it make it "easier to get away with" the behavior? What are you going to do if you can see the zone they're in, stalk em? DPS Race them for every single trash mob? Train them and eat a suspension?

And, as someone else mentioned, /guildstatus shows you their guild if that's all you care about.
    Ruhi and Sourire like this.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Why? Because you can't see their guild and complain to their leadership about them? Either the officers don't care or they encourage it. /Guildstatus when you target them will tell you what their guild is. Unless you think its their level or class being hid that encourages the bad behaviour?
    Sourire likes this.
  19. Febb Augur

Most of those cheaters make their own guilds. Who are you going to complain to? The botmaster?
  20. Rhythar Augur

There's 2 important things that knowing players' locations does.
    1. It makes it easier to gather evidence of cheating.
    2. It reduces bad behavior via the threat of revenge (dps racing, training).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.