Reminder to Clear Your Old Shadowrest Corpses

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

We’re going to start clearing out old Shadowrest corpses on February 10th, 2016. Please travel to Shadowrest and loot your items from your corpses before then.

[IMG]

We’re talking about VERY old corpses from back when corpses still had items left on them (over FIVE years ago), we recommend you take a moment to clean up your Shadowrest corpses if you think that there’s any chance that there are items still out there waiting to be looted.

When this happens, we’ll be parcel mailing to your characters any items that are still on a corpse, before we get rid of those corpses forever. This has the possibility of filling up your parcel boxes. If your parcel box fills up,you’ll lose items that are over the cap.

Instructions on How to Clean Your Shadowrest Corpses:

If you get a message saying "You currently have a corpse present in Shadowrest" when you log in, you probably want to pay Shadowrest a visit!

Once in Shadowrest, hail Keeper of Lost Things. Say [bodies] to the Keeper to get the number of corpses that the Keeper has stored and to get the instructions on how to retrieve your corpses. Once you have summoned your corpses, right click on the corpses and loot all of your items. You may need to use the command /corpsedrag if your corpses are stacked in a location that you cannot target.

Note: You still may have items on corpses in Shadowrest even if you don't get this message when you log in.

We appreciate everyone that makes the effort to go through their old corpses before February!
  2. Skuk New Member

Smells like server merge o'clock
    Yimin and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Agrippa Augur

I never exploited Shadowrest, but you might want to note for those that did that duplicate lore items will be lost.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This post has everything except for how to get to Shadowrest. For those wondering, in Plane of Knowledge speak to Devin Traical. The location of Devin Traical is approx. -13.29
    483.51,-90.64 in PoK. I'm not sure if she appears in the Find window.

Tell her "Travel" to go to Shadowrest.
  5. Wyldmn New Member

I have had a corpse there forever. I have summoned it repeatedly but since it wont let me loot the corpse it pops back instead of decaying out. I don't recall anything being on it but its been so long ago who can say. I just want it cleared so I can stop seeing the message every time I log in.
  6. negolin Journeyman

If they merge servers then I hope they allow for more toons per server as I play lots of characters (many race/class combos even multiples of the same class).
  7. Tigg New Member

GAH!! I have over 50 toons on different servers to check.
    drew0987654 likes this.
  8. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Found a Norrath Keepers token on a Lockjaw on a corpse several months ago.
  9. Imak Augur

Same here. I have been (only periodically) getting a system message about having a corpse in Shadowrest. I have tried a number of times over the years, but the end result is always the same. The Keeper summons my 4 corpses, but I cannot loot any of them. Attempting to loot any results in the message:

You may not loot this corpse at this time.

Wonder what sort of items I am about to lose forever.
  10. Dreamrider Elder

Every time I've gone to Shadowrest to check for any errant corpses, all he says to me after hailing him is, "Go away kid, you bother me." :(
    Fanra likes this.
  11. Ardy New Member

I've got a bunch of corpses that have items in containers on them not sure what is in them - is there anyway of listing by outfile or some such to see what needs to deleted so I can finish the cleanup?

Many of these corpses seem to have been duplicated - I had to destroy multiple copies of cavefish googles etc. Weird!

Have Fun!
    Ardnasc
  12. JChan Developer

Unfortunately, we don't have a command to list the contents of items in containers on corpses. However, when we do the clean up each item in a container will be parceled to you individually as well as the empty container.
  13. Yorag Journeyman

I have one corpse that can be summoned in Shadowrest. When summoned, it can not be looted and I only receive the message that I may not loot this corpse at this time.
    It has been this way for years.
  14. JChan Developer

It's possible the corpse got into a strange state where you somehow don't have looting permissions on your corpse. If that's the case, then if there are items that can be parceled to you then they will be when we clean up the corpses.
  15. Janakin Augur

Found an issue with this last night. I had a belt sent from shadowrest with a lore aug and could not retrieve it. I found the item which had the aug in real estate. When I went to get the item out of real estate so I could delete the aug in it, the item poofed with message lore items not allowed. I was then able to get belt out of parcels but at the expense of losing a fabled item I did not want to lose.
  16. Imak Augur

Judging by the parcel message superspam, looks like my 4 many-years-old bugged Shadowrest corpses just got cleaned up.

[IMG]

This is gonna take a while ...
    IceSy and CrazyLarth like this.
  17. IceSy Augur

ROFL Holy Cow!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.