Remember when they added a bunch of stuff in to complete old quests that were never finished?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ketzerei84, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Ketzerei84 Elder

2. Svann2 The Magnificent

He does not appear to be in game anymore.
    Maybe someone solved it and he flew the coup.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I checked on this one a couple years back. Handed him every "grimoire" that wasn't clearly exclusively for tradeskills and nada. PoJ has a ton of random named with really good flavor dialogue that doesn't go anywhere, which I believe he falls under.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. Laerkai New Member

Wouldn't the people who reverse engineered the EQ server and expansions for private servers know all the information regarding these quests?
  5. dank Journeyman

Such servers only contain information that is/was actually known to players, logged, and recreated, from my understanding.

They do not have, like, an extracted copy of the legitimate server's content scripting.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Many of the old quests were made by devs who are now over at AoC, dead, gone or whatever.

And back then a lot of them just dropped stuff in the middle and never went back due to better job offers, shutting down servers, etc.

Then we also have the issue of a percentage of the write ups in Allah were meant for EQ II not EQ.

And patches that have broken things which we did notice and get fixed again but I am sure there are many others that have not been noticed or gotten fixed.

This is just an example but in Absor's recent interview he explains:

The original Bloodfields, which nobody has seen because the zone was unusable. It was too large and had to be cut into quarters, but doing so made the zone impossible to navigate, essentially unplayable, and just about impossible to put population in. That version of the zone was dropped and a new one made, but by then I was already working on Yxxta.

So taking that into account there must be many more dropped quests, zones etc that never got to be finished.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. bortage spammin lifetaps

I would absolutely love to see all the old unfinished unused content for this game, but I imagine the devs don't really have backups of all that stuff
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Problem was back in the day the "documentation" for a zone could have all been in the developers head, some devs were really good about writing up a full synopsis of the zone and what they wanted to put in there, the full lore & the nature of each quest so that follow-up would find it easy to complete stuff that was left incomplete or at least would be able to keep within the spirit of the original design the original developer had envisaged.

It's much better in recent years as they moved to a much more standardised approach with treatments for zones etc. being better documented.

Overall the shift went from starting out with your typical bedroom programmer / quest writer to a much more professional game coder / software engineer / professional game developer level of quality of work being put into the game.