Remember when new players could actually afford upgrades?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kronotowin, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Kronotowin Elder

Do you remember when EQ was healthy and new players could level up and actually buy upgrades in EC tunnel? Those days are long gone. Daybreak subs continue to drop while they release TLPs over and over with no change in RMT control.
    This is just the tip of the iceberg for EQ's continued success with Daybreak. Stop letting a small amount of the population destroy the economy of new servers. There is no PvP server to showcase skill so these same people destroy the economy every single TLP dominating raid mobs they've memorized over 2 decades.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Honestly they probably made big money on these 2 tlps. The books probably look great this quarter despite the proverbial soup getting a little more watered down.

We can't expect anything different at this point.
  3. Zansobar Augur

I started with nothing on Aradune and have no problem buying upgrades. I'm not a new player but it's not like you need Krono to buy stuff, since plat = krono just farm plat or items that sell for plat and eventually you can buy a krono if you want.
    3rdblindMouse and ECrack like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Those 6 PvPers are to blame for wrecking EverQuest's economy?

Take off the tinfoil hat, it looks like it is cutting off the supply of blood to your brain.
    topple likes this.
  5. raff New Member

I don't know what server you are playing on, but gear on Aradune is CHEAP, especially lowbie gear. You don't NEED a cloak of flames or other dragon loot on your noobie character. Level up and afford the loot yourself. Just because gear isn't literally being thrown at you doesn't mean its a server problem, its a YOU problem.

Aradune was the most popular server at launch in modern EQ history, if they hadn't bungled everything with Queues and lag it probably would have remained in that place for a year (and still might). Side note, I recently leveled up a druid to 40, I spent about 40p on rawhide and *gasp* 600p on a smoldering brand, and even that was a luxury I didn't need. Buy a set of cloth/leather/banded and level up, you don't NEED to spend more than about 100p to give yourself a solid start. Planar loot is already rotting, just level up and start looting it.
    3rdblindMouse and ECrack like this.
  6. Kiaro Augur

I have not yet spent a krono on Aradune (except to flip a few items, but that was after I was 50)
    Between trash drops in dungeons, selling loot I acquired and such, I had 0 problem affording any upgrade I wanted on there, even a full set of crafted armor I quested myself.

New players may not have the 20 years of knowledge, but if they're rolling on trash drops to vendor, or sellable loot, they'll be just fine.
    ECrack and Iyacc like this.
  7. Iyacc Augur

Roll on everything if you're in a PUG group and sell all of it to vendors or other players, depending on the items. Tradeskillers are paying good money for you to farm their stuff.

Don't get caught up in the krono prices. Kill stuff, loot plat, sell the rest and buy what you want. Ignore the few items selling for krono levels and have some fun.
  8. Tucoh Augur

When raids equipped in cloth can kill all the content, what upgrades are you hurting for that you can't afford, exactly?

And what have you done to build a revenue stream?
    3rdblindMouse, Skuz and code-zero like this.
  9. Daimos5 Journeyman

People are absolutely using krono to trade, but they're also using plat. That plat they got from killing mobs. There is no reason that everyone can't do the same.

At the beginning of a TLP, gear is always an issue for gear dependent classes, because a ton doesn't exist on the server yet. When there are 9 picks of lower guk up at all times, for example, gear will make it into the economy really quickly and the prices will continue to go down.

If you're really hurting for cash, roll a caster and farm something. Even killing trash somewhere gets reasonable loot/plat
    3rdblindMouse and Skuz like this.
  10. Boosi Lorekeeper

Your name is “Krono” please stop spamming about economy, thank.
  11. Nylrem Augur

I think maybe it's you with the issue...

By level 7, i had over 100p (basilisks in nek forest).

By level 17, i had over 500p (sisters on sister isle, purity belts in EC tunnel)

By 25, i had enough to buy a krono if i wanted (garg eyes and 'a sword' from the level 24 sisters, both vendor for ~10p each...

All trash mobs, super easy to farm, super fast repops.

If you can't afford whatever it is you need, you are doing something wrong...
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Febb Augur

You sound disgruntled because these servers are no longer your nostalgic playground. Grow up and adapt and play the game instead of trying to relive some long lost memory.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Kittany Augur

So, what's wrong with people wanting to come back to play a beloved game from years yonder? Grow up you say, yet you're the one tossing around insults like a petulant child that doesn't want to share the sandbox.
  14. Arog Augur

Nylrem,
    Thanks for the good feedback. I had forgotten about gargoyle eyes. I play a melee and so never hunted basilisk. What do they drop that gave you 100p? I farmed spiderling silks for my cash in everqfrost until I could do bandits in West Karana for sashes and bronze weapons. By level 25 I had 600 plat and full set of banded and duel wielding langseax. Obviously not the most efficient way to make money and won't ever be able to afford a krono but I am not hurting for gear or money. I am still able to play and enjoy the game.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Guessing he's selling the eggs to TSers. Bang for buck / ease of farming Bask eggs are the way to go.
  16. Febb Augur

NO UR
  17. Kronotowin Elder

I use to enjoy sitting in EC while bored and playing the market. Even though I play casually I could still flip a few items and gear my character with my knowledge of EQ. That doesn't exist on these TLP's. Kronos destroy the market, P99 has a far more healthy economy. TLP markets are destroyed on arrival by the Krono Hoarders and RMT sellers.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think he is being overly insulting, if I were to paraphrase his grow-up comment he is simply saying that it isn't 1999 any more, and you can't just undo 21 years of history, what the game is on TLP now isn't the rose-tinted paradise people think it is, not only has the game changed so have the players.

Your post was actually more insulting, all he said was grow up he hadn't called anyone a petulant child, you went the extra mile there with an actual insult.
    Lanffear likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Players having years more of knowledge about the game & what items are worth to others is a far bigger factor than Krono is.

Kronos do not kill the market they actually pump it full of activity, live servers didn't have picks back in the day and so the flow of plat & items was smaller, the market that exists on TLPs is vastly bigger to begin with now per head of population. Many more items get traded versus how many players are there also due to knowledge of the game. Players in 1999-2004 didn't know jack compared to players today with years of knowledge.
  20. Xeris Augur

When you say 'destroy the market' what do you mean? How do they destroy the market?