Relv the Mysterious

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Vumad, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

This quest giver needs a text update with a hotlink inside of it. It was 80 seconds from when I said "ready" to when I said "we are ready". and apparently that was too long, so now I can't finish the task. The first response also did not have a htlink in it, but that was easy enough to figure out.

03/27/20 11:02:18 PMYou say, 'Hail, Relv the Mysterious'
    03/27/20 11:02:18 PMRelv the Mysterious says, 'Greetings to you, small one. I see you have made great progress through our fair planar dwelling. Were it not for the dubious undertakings by someone... or something, I would be more than glad to welcome you here. Unfortunately, there have been dangerous tidings afoot. Just look at the trees around you. This destruction is the work of something altogether unseen, at least by me.'
    03/27/20 11:06:51 PMYou say, 'Hail, Relv the Mysterious'
    03/27/20 11:06:52 PMRelv looks at you with a slight hint of hindrance. 'You are an odd individual, truly. What manner of speaking is it to hail me once more, after I have already begun conversing with you? Hmm, considerably odd. May I continue?'
    03/27/20 11:07:02 PMYou say, 'continue'
    03/27/20 11:07:02 PMRelv the Mysterious says 'There was a time when all the trees were green and alive, though as you can see, that time is no more. I am unsure what it is that has caused the damage, but I do know that whatever it is has caused a great deal of damage and will continue to do so unless someone like yourself has the courage to rid us of it.' [continue]
    03/27/20 11:07:09 PMYou say, 'continue'
    03/27/20 11:07:10 PMRelv looks about him at the charred trees and sighs. 'If this destruction is not stopped, we may soon not have any forest left, which would cause a great disturbance in the balance of this land. If it were in my power, I would go forth through the brush here to try and stop whatever it is that is causing this. Unfortunately, I cannot leave, as I must protect the rest of the trees here from any beasts that may try to defile these lands further. This is why I must ask for an outsider to help, so that I may send them forth through the brush into the clearing beyond to find the menace and destroy it at the source.' [continue]
    03/27/20 11:07:11 PMYou say, 'continue'
    03/27/20 11:07:11 PMRelv the Mysterious says, 'I have waited patiently for someone to come along to defeat this scourge on the land, and you may just be the one. If you feel you are courageous enough to go forth, please let me know and I will make preparations to assist you through the brush to end whatever suffering the forest is feeling beyond.'
    03/27/20 11:07:27 PMYou say, 'ready'
    03/27/20 11:07:29 PMYou say, 'I am the one'
    03/27/20 11:07:40 PMYou say, 'I am courageous'
    03/27/20 11:07:46 PMYou say, 'assist'
    03/27/20 11:07:51 PMYou say, 'brush'
    03/27/20 11:08:47 PMYou say, 'we are ready'
    03/27/20 11:08:47 PMThe green aura around Relv has passed, and it appears that he no longer has the power to push another group forth past the brush.
    03/27/20 11:08:53 PMYou say, 'Hail, Relv the Mysterious'
    03/27/20 11:08:53 PMRelv sighs. 'I suppose that you are not here to help as I had once hoped. Certainly someone that was here to help would have a deeper vocabulary than that of just 'hail'. In any case friend, if you would like to help or hear my plight, please come back. For now I can see that you are far too busy to assist.'
    03/27/20 11:09:33 PMYou say, 'Hail, Relv the Mysterious'
    03/27/20 11:09:33 PMRelv the Mysterious says, 'I tire of this endless babble! Please remove yourself from my presence if all you plan on doing is repeating the same thing over and over again! I have no need of this kind of harassment, you foul affront to intelligent folk!'
    Duder likes this.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

?
    Keywords are written on allakhazam.
    He transported me and merc.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Yes, they are, which is why he finally responded to me. But I shouldn't need to go to allakhazam for the key words. The answer should be in the game. If the quest does not respond to ready, but it does to we are ready, that is ridiculous. Especially when it only took 80 seconds for him to give up and lock me out of the event. And on top of that the quest giver doesn't even prompt you to use the word ready.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

So what's my issue here? I said we are ready and nothing happened. I said it again immediately after and it said the aura already passed.

Does he talk to you while you are invis but wont port you? Is this an issue with levi? You need some flags? Can someone who has done this recently tell me what were the circumstances in which he responded to you.

Edit: Clicked off all levis and invis and he responded to a different character, but got the same statement of the aura has already passed.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

I figured it out. He does not respond to I am courageous but he does respond to we are courageous. I missed that line on Alla.

While this is no longer an issue for me, I still see no reason to to condense his expected response to courageous, and just add hyperlink texts which are already in most of his dialog anyway.
  6. GNOME_POWER Augur

Please leave working quests as they are.
    The quest brokens when they do extra work.

Linking should be limited to new quests.