Regarding Third Party Cheat Programs

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by EQ Dev, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strongbus Augur

they could always just ban ip addresses. that stop some of them
  2. Aamonn_Erollisi New Member

Of course. And that's the way it should always be in MMORPGs.
  3. Risiko Augur

There's a well known guild leader playing right now that was IP banned on in the past. It's been pointed out numerous times on the forums, and they do nothing about it.
  4. Daedly Augur

I have always wondered if I could get banned from doing parsing with my gaming mouse in the guild hall while watching TV in another room....
  5. Wizlard Augur

What we need to do is just reverse technology back 20 years so the old people can be happy.
    Talif and Daedly like this.
  6. Stune Augur

Caught someone today, petitioned it, warping to a closed room and taking named from us in the same location. Sadly this person has had numbers of issues and is not being removed. They are using 3rd party because i kept investigating the spawn. They got in and out in under 2 seconds. Usually we would pull it then they would warp in, steal it and warp out. Pretty sad honestly. A closed room and they won hands down. Petitioned and still waiting to see what happened. Really not a cool practice when there is real money involved.
    VZRetro likes this.
  7. Drakang Augur

As far as I am concerned if it does not hurt others who cares.

If you automate a group to take on current content you could be said to be hurting others since you can monopolize a spawn point. If you use a pet to kill level 10 mobs to get tradeskill drops from 3 mobs out of 50 in a zone nobody goes to how is that hurting others?

I get the whole level playfield. But many of us have been playing this game for 20 years now. Time commitments and things we could do 20 years ago don't always fit where we are in your life now so its tempting to let the pet kill mobs when you know its going to take a solid 40 hours of gameplay to get the amount of drops you need to do a few tradeskill combines out of thousands.
  8. Stune Augur

Against test dummies? not if it is not disrupting the zones. Your just parsing, and many of us parse with gamparse., It helps our characters out and the guild in the end. It is different if its in your own GuildHall. As long as your not exploiting the system, which clearly your not. To use another program not mentioning to give you abilities that is completely different.
  9. Stune Augur

I(n our case it did cause the zone to freeze and also took away from the area in which we where pulling.
  10. VZRetro Lorekeeper

No "list" of bannable programs is needed. The simple solution is just don't use 3rd party programs! lol. Way to go Daybreak!! You've made me a happy girl to know that this is being cracked down on! EQ doesn't need any programs to make it better. If people can't handle playing the game as it was intended without the use of ANY programs (including legal ones), they don't need to be playing it in the first place... I seriously praise you guys for this... Now if you start cracking down on the sexual harassment rule, I'll be overjoyed!! Keep up the good work!
    NOConcepts likes this.
  11. NOConcepts New Member

Here's a novel idea. Why not just avoid ALL third party programs and just play the game in the manner in which it was intended?
  12. NOConcepts New Member

EXACTLY...well said
    VZRetro likes this.
  13. Daedly Augur

I have to wonder, while I am iffy on the automation thing myself. What is the difference between 6 different people with a paying subscription killing in an area and 1 person paying for 6 different subscriptions killing that same area? Why would that single person be entitled to any less than if they were 6 different people? It seems people who know others are boxing and see them at a camp they would like to be at, some how feel slighted but would not if they knew there all different people.

I have seen that argument a few times and don't understand how people can reconcile that. To me that is akin to some who owns 10% of a company believing they should have just as much control as someone who own 90% because they are both still one person.
  14. strongbus Augur

because at this point in time the amount of lost money from sub would kill the game. those who are saying ban all 3rd party programs need to understand. DBG is not going shoot themself in the foot money wise. its one thing to ban a few hundred accounts who are using 3rd party software to bypass game mach. Its another to ban a few thousand account cause people are using 3rd party software to just control their boxes in a way that makes it easier to play the game(read not bypassing game mach and not giving them access to abilities they don't have with their current setup).
  15. Ghubuk Augur

Because in very many cases, these people aren't paying for all 6 accounts. They are paying for 1 main account and doing f2p on the others.
    Beyond this, it also comes down to fair play and that a person be playing an account vice a program playing an account. I don't know of any MMO that lasted once it became known that cheaters were going to be given free reign to do what they wanted.
    Rumplestilskin likes this.
  16. Ghubuk Augur

Nah, no citations going to be given. You can figure it out yourself, I did.
  17. Ghubuk Augur

OK
  18. Wizlard Augur

Done
  19. Revalla New Member

Did this really need to be a 30 page debate ,it is really quite simple .
    1: If you use a subprogram to influence a battle , "YOU ARE CHEATING" .
    2: If you have some kind of hack to augment character stats , "YOU ARE CHEATING".
    3: If you modify game programing to affect combat out come ,YOU ARE CHEATING
    However the difference between cheating and EXPLOITS are two different things.
    If you use an "Exploit to kill or pull" . Yes that is against the rules but it is still contained in the game.
    If you have a "Box group" standing around killing pops "I see no game issues with that while mercs do the work ".
    Parcing programs that let us all know who is working and who is slaking .Have NO influence on a battle ,"They help us know who has to step up and do more"
    Lastly "Voice communication" is the greatest advantage to any game . If I had to type what is happening in a bad situation "you are probably already dead ". Eq provides that option ,and in honesty most use phone calls or 3rd party programs to do that ,but is does not change the in game environment ,make mobs weaker ,add stats ,remove ability's , change mob reactions or "affect in game programed mechanics"..
    I know it is hard to get a solid group I got lucky since 2000 .I have always had at least 1 solid to play with every time I logged on. That grew to two or three just keep looking for people ,looking for people .
    In closing anyone that cheats ,knows they are cheating .
    Ghubuk likes this.
  20. Flops New Member

Voice chat, antivirus, even music streaming.... All third party software. Program names excluded out of respect for the hush order.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.