Refer-a-Friend

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Chantalones, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Chantalones New Member

Hi,

Is there a referral program or something? I want to tempt an old friend/former player back to the game. I don't need/expect rewards for doing so, but they wouldn't hurt (just figured I'd check). I didn't see anything on the web page (which is not very intuitive...) and the only threads I could find look outdated by a few years.

Thanks
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

Not anymore, there was but they sunset that program long time ago. If you want to have a friend join, I'd suggest helping them through the Hero's Journey progression. I think it yields better gear then they would've gotten from RaF. Given the amount of boxing in EQ the program really doesn't make sense. (Given most people would just self-refer box accounts anyway...)
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The closest you can get to a "friends" benefit anymore is the "Family and Friends" version of the most recent expansion. If you both are looking to get the latest expansion it is $249.99 and includes a lot of cool stuff for two players. Its listed at the bottom of this link....https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

Keep in mind that prices does not include the monthly subscription if you chose to pay. TLP servers will require you to pay. Other servers you can play free which would also get you 26 expansions included and keep you both busy till you decide.
  4. Hobs Elder

Money is money and the most important thing for any business (Daybreak/Darkpaw/EG7 included) is the bottom line. So it makes perfect sense and is another in a long line of missed opportunities for an easy to implement revenue stream.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

If it encouraged someone to add a box, does it matter if it is a box? New accounts are new accounts and motivating people to create them doesn't matter if they have 1 account or 10. Besides, most refer a friend systems are small rewards that don't mean much more than a talking point.

Hey, use my email and we can both get an extra 500DBC when you sub, and an extra 100DBC every month for up to 6 months of uninterrupted service. Sub for a year and get a bonus!

Does it really matter if that is a friend or a box? No.
    Wdor and A_ranger001 like this.
  6. Chantalones New Member

Thanks for the information, everyone.

What about this: I'm subbed, but what I wanted to do (RaF or otherwise) was buy another current xpac/sub and gift it to a friend. I figured maybe RaF feature would have something like this (I do this for friends on Steam a lot, so I was looking for the similar functionality).

Thanks again.
  7. KermittheFroglok Augur

Belated response, but we use to be able to do this with some things through Steam but then there was an issue with people buying codes, chargebacking (i.e. canceling charge on their credit card), and then selling the codes. This led to the "Steam Gate" ban wave many years ago and it was a huge enough mess that they pulled the plug on Steam app. & giftable purchases.

What you can do is gift your friend a Krono & trade Krono for one of the tradable expansion tickets that are in the Family & Friends tier that CatsPaws mentioned. Alternatively, if you're a whale (no judgement, that's me), you can help yourself to the Family & Friends version & gift the tradable copy to your friend.