Red TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Joncore, Aug 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gheed Is not reading your response

We maintained a guild on Selo of only red flagged people. Cleared all content up to DoN when the server died. By flagging red our members could not buff/port/heal/etc with anyone not flagged red.

Sorry someone camped you back in the day on rallos zek and stole your cracked staff. Maybe you'll get over it in 10 more years.
  2. Machen New Member

That's it. There are a lot of consequences to pvp being enabled, but that's the only fundamental rule change.

One example of a consequence -- if you are grouping or raiding with people that you could engage in pvp, on a pvp server, you can't use ae spells or you will hit your mates. So it impacts pve in some interesting ways at times.
  3. THISISHEKK Journeyman

One this to note is that when AoC's are used, you are turned blue within the DZ. So only open world raids are impacted by friendly AoE/Rains
  4. Machen New Member

I had forgotten that. Vaguely remember that change being made on Zek, but I don't think I was playing there any more at the time. For what it's worth, I think if they do a pvp server at all, it shouldn't have aoc's -- the whole point of pvp is to duke it out in open world over the content. If you can go hide in a dz to get your gear, it defeats the entire purpose.
    Ginix likes this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You asked, and thanks for asking a simple honest question. You saw the kind of answers you got.

Does it give you the impression the tart responses are from people that haven't logged on Zek in 10 years or more?

You would get a great impression of what kind of server it is by playing a character 1-15 and see what occurs during whatever play time you might choose.

People have to shroud down to gank a lowbie. It doesn't ever happen as much as people on both sides would have you believe. But it's true, you could run across someone who has leveled their shrouds with the express purpose of ganking.

Also there is an 'immunity' mechanic when you spawn or zone, keep in mind, you can't be hurt, but you can't cast spells or take actions without moving a little and starting the counter.

Come back and tell us what it's like. <shrug> just a thought
    Triconix likes this.
  6. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.