Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Kelefane Augur

There are chase items whether the aug was cursor loot or not:
    Cloak in SolB
    Ring in MM
  2. Casidia Augur

One bad thing about this is, let me give you an example..
    i would have bid for the Aug too when it dropped, as Chanter you like defense and this also gives good HPs and INT (while i don't care about Mana much, it makes this Aug a good all-rounder...).

I wouldn't care about the DKP and could have spent lots, but i didn't because i don't want to take it from Tanks. Causing a bit of an upset most likely (there was already some...), so i will continue seeing something that i would want drop, but not bidding cos it's so rare that you don't want to "steal" if from Tanks.

Chase items from Raids are bad if they benefit one class more than others, but would still be nice for those who are pressured (by whatever, and even if only by your common sense) to pass.
    So i will remember this Aug as Fail, feel free to call me a Whiner.
    Kathylynn_Unity likes this.
  3. Insaneox Augur

To bad everyone doesn't think like that! Ours went to none tank class which in dkp guild is chance you have. I will live without getting the augment and we shall see for final tally. But with current odds will be closer to 10 then 100 serverwide. So, if goal is to make so few happy well done.

Reason I dislike current method is thinking as a whole of guildmates. I'm the raidleader and getting twink loot on current target on chest one= FAIL. Cloak only good for clickie. The bag= just bigger then tradeskill. Hammer for shammy guess minor use sold lowest price. Sword limited use with group ration but nice proc for rare Target. Prayer of life= clickies. Guantlets=tier 2/3 ish. Drums=bard. Shield=2/3ish. Hierophant Crook= druid toy. Last is augment= chase and only really true value item.
  4. Kamea Augur

That's only valuing these as shield augs; they're incredibly good augs beyond that. The dragon scale is the 2nd best aug after shawl aug in game even if you ignore the fact it can go on shield, and on a shield, it has a 10 ac advantage over TOFS aug which sounds small, but is significant on a shield.

The TOFS augs are superior to ROF camped AC/hp/hSta augs, and have the added benefit of having hAgl and hDex on them.

I hope the person was at least a shield user.

A problem with the aug's design is that they made it a great aug for too many classes, mainly pointing to the fact it has 240mana + 8 hWis/hInt, which is only 10 mana below the best non-shawl augs from the mana side.
  5. AliveTank. Journeyman

exactly my point, if you want the 2nd best it s easy to get as it s given automaticaly upon completion of ToFS, if you want the absolute best, they re obviously not going to hand it to you , so you re going to have to compete for it.

They re not going to change it now that lot of people have spent a truckton of dkp for it and the event was supposed to end in a week ,regardless.

Either way they extended it and you still have till the end of the month/CoTF release to get it and they halved the replay time, they re obviously not going to do more, so just keep at it and you ll get it, if not, there s always next year.
  6. Grummy_NB Augur

It would be even better if the even actually worked. Seems like we have to beat the RNG to get a win, then another RNG to get an aug.
    I have noticed that there hasn't been any dev response to this in a while, they are probably busy with beta and CoF.
  7. boukk_sebilis Augur

They said they don't know what s causing the zone to freak out because there no crash report (because the zone doesnt actually crash).
    It s annoying but the crash isn't common enough to warrant puting lot of time into it when they re already pretty busy, because of that to compensate they cut the replay time in half and have extended the duration (most likely till end september) when it was only supposed to last till next week, i think that s fair enough.
  8. Kelefane Augur

They changed TOFS to popup box loot after people spent a "truck load" of DKP on the aug initially. DKP guilds adapted then, they could adapt now. That is a weak comment there by you. Besides, devs dont care about things like that when it comes to changes. DKP isnt their problem.
    Imrahil and Insaneox like this.
  9. Gragas Augur

Not all guilds are DKP. fail argument tbh. Nothing in the entire raid for pure melee (if you already have a ACOF) to pursue as well makes it a rather fail event, good for tanks though if RNG cooperates.
    Insaneox likes this.
  10. boukk_sebilis Augur

No, tofs change have been advertised litteraly a week after implementation, and there was 2 aug and only 1 rewarded, so it was fair enough since it was really unlikely someone picked up both aug.
    Devs have replied to other threads, they haven't replied to this one because they obviously not going to change the way the aug drop.

Truth is you have as much chance anyone to get the aug, so fair is fair, it s a really good aug so it should be rare and very limited in quantities.

You want an easy secondary aug but not the best get the tofs, want the best, you re going to have to compete, it s that simple, back in the day with server competition it was actually even worse, so count yourself lucky.
  11. boukk_sebilis Augur

I doubt everyone in your raid has grp cloak considering how rare people claim it is, so it s still a good one.

This raid has = 1 uber aug for everyone, A very good click for melee, Some okish bag (should have been 32slot atleast, but 24 will do) and some fun items for some other class.

The raid is also quite fun, devs did an excellent job on this raid.
  12. Insaneox Augur

They are busy with beta is likely answer for why limited activity on forums by Devs. Which is understandable.
  13. AliveTank. Journeyman

People complaining because they want everything handed to them on a silver plater isn't their problem either and is the exact reason why they re ignoring this thread.

Anyway just gonna let the thread die since it s always the same people trying to revive it in hope to get free stuff.
  14. boukk_sebilis Augur

Yes but meanwhile they answered other threads, where people made a valid point.
  15. Emphant Lorekeeper

Sometimes I think people need to step out of the box and reread what they write. You are seriously complaning because they made an aug that is not only really good but really good for everyone?!

/boggle
  16. Insaneox Augur

I think complaint is because hardly anyone will get this augment and it is so good. The RNG with augments is silly unless the event was active full time. This event is extremely short run and part of chest loot table. That means no augment in chest is very possible. Speaking for my guild its only reason we put effort in on this event. Sure overhaste is nice but most classes with bard are max anyway. Rest of loot is play items and crap mostly.
  17. Kamea Augur

I wasn't suggesting the aug should be changed. I was pointing out the fact that the design gives it a ridiculous amount of demand, combine that with the fact it's a non-guaranteed drop on a temporary event it is indeed a problem in the sense that causes frustration, especially in DKP guild like Insaneox mentioned.

I'm also in a DKP/auction guild, and we got 2 augs in 3 kills. The aug went for 2,000. The highest ROF 'chase' items have gone for is 1,500 (1 of 2 Bifold's, ~2 of 5 Burden of Truth's.... and on the Bifold, my guild has pretty poor progress on the achievements.) The amount of DKP we earn from attending raids is volatile since we have a peculiar system, but 2,000 DKP is about 2-4 months worth of DKP for us. By comparison, the most a TOFS aug went for was 800, DKP inflation rate was around the same at the time.

I just find it silly that a style of aug that would usually be easily obtained for most members in any decent raid guilds (see: all previous temporary raid augs) is one of most lopsided items.
  18. Insaneox Augur

Plus ToFS pre achievement offered chest on floor 2 and 4 and final loot. This event offers 1 chest only.
  19. AliveTank. Journeyman

Tofs event also took on average 2hours, vs 10minute for nagafen.

they halved the replay time, so technically you get 2 chest a week for 20min of work, I d consider this good, but that s just me.
  20. Insaneox Augur

Don't matter still got lockouts. Take away lockout all together and no biggie. Only thing 2.5 day does is make us change raid days.

As for time to complete maybe our first time took a little but never remember 2 hours. Sepulcher 5 at its worst was 90 mins so no way took ToFS that long.