Recovering an account from 1999

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zartox, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Zartox New Member

Need a dev to please help me recover my very first eq account, back in 1999!

I don't have the billing info for i was only 12 years old at the time, i do however know the account name and other information regarding within the account if that helps.

This would make my day if i could get this ancient account back!
    Snowlake likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not sure a dev can help out with this. What you have to understand is that requiring all that info including billing info is there to protect peoples accounts.

To be honest it would make more sense simply to start a new account. If the account has been inactive that long it would take very little time to level a new character.

Anyway don't mean to be a wet blanket but I don't expect any movement on this request.

If you decide to start a new character you would be welcome to join us on Xegony. My guild Lions of the Heart are always happy to take in returning players and help them learn Everquest all over again.
    Motherlee likes this.
  3. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

I have to agree with Corwyhn. The only reason you'd want that account back anyway is if you had a bunch of Manastones or something, but even then it's probably just best to start a new account. EQ's changed so much.
  4. Motherlee Augur

It would have been hard when we were still owned by SoE. Now, it's impossible. Sorry. :-(
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I will disagree with Corwyhn and A; there are a number of reasons why getting your old account back is a good thing. The fact that it would be Silver access is chief among them. Silver access gives you a lot more flexibility when it comes to playing without a subscription compared to F2P/Bronze access; plus you can no longer get Silver.

They can recover the account info without billing info; but requires other things which would prove original ownership and the like. There are lots of people who have been able to get theirs back. Even since the change of ownership. DBG has all of the information which SOE had; after all it is the same company just with a new name and new owners.

However it generally requires that you call CS directly and deal with them. Have as much of the information as you possibly can. While you might not know the original CC# and the like; I would think that you would know what your home address would be (which would be the billing address). If you have the CD key that came with the original disc you used to install EQ that would also help.

Names of Characters on the account and a ballpark on the last time the account was active might help; but if your account has been hacked then those things might not be the same.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Snowlake New Member

I am trying to recover an old account as well. It would be easier to reroll, sure, but there is sentimental value to my old account/chars! Made a ticket on Friday the 21st and haven't gotten a reply yet. :(
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. Sebbina Augur

In addition to being Silver out of the gate. to get your feet wet, there is likely to be some amount of Veteran time. So making the attempt to get back your account is worthwhile.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Fallfyres like this.
  8. Motherlee Augur

Shows how long it's been since you had to deal with them. There hasn't been phone support since last year. There hasn't been much customer service since April.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Jetboy Lorekeeper

Can you even log in this account in game? In other words, do you still have the passcode and whom was listed as the billing credit card holder? There is a huge difference between recovering a deleted character (which should be easy once they get to it) and recovering an account itself. Phone support used to re-secure the account and then the GM's would handle the characters. But it looks like now you'll just have to be patient as it's anyone's guess how they handle these nowadays.

I hope this works out for you!
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Being Silver is a good point I did not think of.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I totally forgot about silver accounts.I have always been a paid subscriber so silver didn't pop into my mind thanks for catching that and correcting me.