recently return, wondering about pet tanking

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Daivid, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Daivid Lorekeeper

From a few posts I had noticed that pet tanking was improved, that a BST pet could actually hold agro once the BL got in melee range.
    I sub'd last night hoping this was true, as of level 15ish my BST pet can't do anything but atk.
    Does this kick in later in the game or has it been retracted by a patch I didn't notice.

Thank you
  2. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

at the low levels, the merc tank is still very strong, my warder got agro leveling 1-64 with the "spirit of _____" spells on, making me resummon him after he died since my healing wasn't enough. I noticed this mostly in blightfire moors and city of mist and plane of justice. it didn't matter if i designated the main tank as the tank, his powers of taking agro with taunt off was too much with proc buff.
  3. Questoften32 Augur

You know I hear alot of stuff like this too, I dont know for sure just returning will check out my 71 bst soon but I would guess much of this applies only to the current content stage prob 100.

So none of it helps or hurts me because it kicks in when your mostly done leveling the character and it really dose not matter a great deal.

That is the way it mostly is in mmorpgs though.They give stuff when you no longer need it. Why would you really be soloing that much at max level? You would be raiding if anything, or revisiting old content f or other characters, so why would it matter that much then?

I have been a eq altoholic for many years 1 and 2 of and on. Unlike eq2, in eq 1 my highest toon is level 80 and that was really hard. Fun, but hard.
  4. Khauruk Augur

So, if you don't have pet taunt turned on, it probably won't hold agro off of anything.

Your heals aren't strong, so if you're fighting stronger mobs, you may not be able to keep up.

What server are you on? Somebody may be able to help you out in-game.