Rebuilding shaman and possible clr box

Discussion in 'Priests' started by ptah, Feb 21, 2018.

1. ptah Augur

As reads.. looking to rebuild these box options to support a prime toon of either a war mage or chanter nec

Shaman is 107.. currently chasing AAxp but I could level if that unlocks something of note. 14k ish on AA I'm low I know.. working on it.

Clr would be 105.. and 15k aa.. this is to replace the suck merc in the team and or fellowship as I'm not getting log times for fellowship clr.

Roles are mix of RoS grouping to the max.. and some part time raiding when I can helpout and dodge a Lockout.

TS appears to the gear choice of easy and rewards as I have tons of mats and a fellowship of TS grinders to make..

Now the real questions.. HP over Hwis. and or raw mana.. what is the balance here?? Does Heal amount mean anything for real playing mod? In a world of more is better I get it. but I am more interested in a build focus to set a goal.. and chase that carrot.

in the past I did a balance of HP raw mana pool. and took what Hwis I got with little focus on heal amount. Spec augs yes.. build in HP for reactions to AEs or DoT feels important. Not sure if Hsta or Hagi come into play. feels like a nice to have but non focus. And use the class tools to replace mana for recovery as needed.
  2. Fohpo Augur

war mage shm/enc, war clr enc

Two ridiculously strong trios for you.
  3. fransisco Augur

Decisions like hp vs hwis aren't reallly significant. Better gear will have more mana.

As far as hwis specifically? Heroics are a joke for casters. HWis will give you a little more mana (And a miniscule amount of mana regen).
    Since you are not raiding, its more about how quickly your mana pool refills vs its size. Unless your gonna be casting dots continually, canni should easily keep you full mana.
  4. Jetslam Augur

For the shaman, the go to is HP/HSTA. Unless you're really playing the shaman to the max in the group game and doing more than just a hotkey every fight, you won't go OOM.
  5. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I disagree with going purely HP/HSTA for a shaman in general. to me it's all about trigger points. you should get HSTA until you get it over your closest trigger point (probably 1600 hsta for a raider, 1200 for a box?) and then go with HWIS until you get that one over it's closest trigger (probably either 800 or 1200)... after that if you're just boxing the toon then i'd go back to HSTA.... if you're playing it as a main then i'd go after either HAGI or HSTA.

the logic is this- HSTA gives you shielding and HP... HP = mana so that's always good, and shielding is good for when you pull agro or get an add, there's also an added bonus of stun resist boosts... so HSTA is top.... HWIS grants spell and dot shielding as well as mana, spell/dot shielding especially in ROS will come in handy even for a bot, and mana = mana so that's good too!..... then HAGI grants avoidance, not getting hit is good (and strikethrough for those of us that like rabid bear!) =).

of course this is just my personal preferences, and most shamans do go pure HP/HSTA these days.
  6. Leigo You come here often?

Hold AA, get 110. Best to have access to everything. Before you try buying spells, aas, gear etc. Always max your level before anything else.
  7. Jetslam Augur

The one exception I typically make to this is for activatable abilities. I normally put my AA at 10% and make sure that I buy at least the first rank of all the activateble abilities so that I can get my UI set up and comfortable using the abilities. They'll get augmented later, but should have a basic idea of how/when to use them at their base amounts.
    Fohpo likes this.