Rebalance of Wiz/Mage DPS vs. Melee DPS on Raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Armida, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Fell Augur

FYI, "lucubrate" is pronounced with a hard c. Not "loo-soo-brate"
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I guess I imagined all the wizzys quad kiting from level 27....
  3. Fell Augur

You sure did. Quad-kiting came months later; it wasn't really practical when jboots were an ultra-rare drop from Drelzna, sow pots/clickies didn't exist, and the buff itself had a shorter duration.

At launch, necros soloed, druids soloed outdoors, and pretty much everyone else made do with the occasional green mob. The Devs in fact made a series of posts about how, at higher levels, mobs were not meant to be soloed, and the "con" of a mob was intended to be how it conned to a full group, not to a player.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Who, specifically, has this perception?
  5. Iven Antonius Bayle

The most common latin nomen for light is lux but the nomen lucis is also used. Like in Lucifer (lucis + ferre), Luca or Lucas. However lucis and lucus does also mean grove so the latin language is very unprecise and irritating.

The correct spelling of the proper name Luclin for EverQuest is Luck-lin just because the devs defined it as this long ago.
  6. kizant Augur

Soloing as a Wizard during classic wasn't that bad. I used to farm sentinel/crusader without issue and could kill arch magus solo the few times I got that camp. Early on you could at least kill some rares pretty much every expansion. You just had to rely on runes, stun, and lots of luck.

Later on we got insta nukes to give us an easier option. Especially back when cryomancy had an unresistable snare that worked on mobs that couldn't be snared by regular snare spells. Even if a mob summoned as long as you kept running you could last a while. Then when mercs were added that sort of strat got even easier. It only got to be impossible the last few years. Probably EoK onward.

Thinking about it I've probably spent 90% of my play time as a Wizard solo and I've always enjoyed it until recently. Even while burning it takes soooo long to kill anything in CoV that I just don't bother. I stick to GD for glyph AAs and I'm assuming those mobs won't be worth the xp anymore in ToL. So, I'm probably going to stop using glyphs after we finish the raids for the first time unless we get a worthwhile upgrade.

Plus as far as old raids go. We did great on all the dragons at least. Especially on something like Nagafen where we could bind right there and get full mana back if we died. Sure, the necros were useless but not wizards.
  7. Fell Augur

Same word: lux is the noun; lucis the adjective.

Lucus doesn't denominate a grove in general, but rather a sanctified grove ... it's been postulated it implies an area blessed with sacred light.
  8. Ezbro Elder

And how do you feel about hitpoint inflation in the mobs in Cov versus wizard spells and reuse timers?
  9. Arctodus Elder

All classes need to have a look at, I am so tired of seeing meta or play what you want but... If they are going 64 and about to be serious, I do not think people understand alot will change such as pathing. What you use to be to split, sitting, kite, etc. will change dramatically.
  10. Szilent Augur

no it won't.
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. Iven Antonius Bayle

Both are feminine nouns. lucis is the genitive singular flexion of lux.

This does make more sense. Thx for the info.
  12. Zunnoab Augur

You need to do a lot of reading up on what 64 bit even means. I don't mean that to be offensive. You just have no clue. If there were dramatic changes due to a switch to 64 bit, that would actually be evidence that the change is wildly buggy. They can't just recompile in 64 bit and expect it to work, but once they do get it to work existing game systems will ostensibly operate the same to the player.
  13. ChiiChii Augur

100% agree here
    kizant likes this.