Realm of Insanity raids on Twitch!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qulas, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Coruth Augur

Sorry Charlie. That doesn't explain why ROI beat ROV by as much as they did. That dedication factor explains why ROI (and MS) got #1/#2 on an easy raid like Void. But it doesnt explain the shear amount ROI won TDS by.

Even if ROI didn't log in the 4.5 day timer. They still won TDS by more than enough to win #1.
    They finished ahead of triton by like 20 days, and ROV by like 50.

That wasn't because of "ROI Logging in at 4 AM" that was because they have more core people. And by core people I'm talking the "Top of Raid Force High 80+ 90+ RA types"

4 AM login only matters if the race was close. It wasnt.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Bahdah Augur

you people and your "RoI logs in 4am to raid".. yea ? was a 20 min fight.... then went to work.. what the problem is ?
  3. -BreeZer- New Member

At 20 minutes past 4am, I know what you were working on!
    TheQxx, Mintalie, Enkel and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bahdah Augur

Only you would catch that :p
  5. Daislet Augur

Guessing some of RoI used the banner :).
  6. Raynrace Augur

ROI members please dont take this as a shot against you, i am merely bringing Coruth a little more info and reality...

Coruth, ROI beat us by 42 days and dedication and skill earned it, yes. There are however some things you do not take into account. First, lets just talk about logging in at lockout.

First raid beat 4 days early, we waited till raid night.

Logging in early got them flagged for T2 7 days early.

Event 2 bugged on us we lost 4 days there.

For T3 lets use 7 days pretending we won all 3 same night like they did.

Your original they beat us by 50 days is a lot different... its 20. We also lost 7 days during the holidays but not going to cry about that, its life.

We beat one new raid a week, we did not beta test 2 3 4 or 5. Just event 1.

Elric was stating dedication to beta test and have all strats down before live so they can be beat as soon as available plus logging in every 4.5 days is why they are number one just as much as skill.

I have to agree, they wanted it more. Just because we won later doesnt mean we dont have skill.

We logged 8 attemps on arx 5 for a win, 3 of them were with 4 clerics, 1 i reset because i wanted to make a change. Technically we won it on 4 runs with a proper raid, hell i dont care if its 8 attempts, that takes skill.

Try to beat a raid without a strategy, noone can do it without trial and error. Thats called testing not skill.

Every guild that takes ranking serious has skill, some have more players yes and some play more strategically. Your statement to me is invalid.
    Smokn and Lisandra like this.
  7. Lifeshriek Augur

Pretty sure Villette and Hembra's matching color coordinated armors brought us vicotry since we didn't beta test event 5.
    Marike likes this.
  8. Wando New Member

Within the 4 days of the raid npc nerf RoI had 5 groups fully flagged with half of another done already or more.
  9. Wando New Member

Congrats to you, some other magical guild spent over 2 weeks in beta every night and just finally beat event 4 (I think).
  10. Daislet Augur

Well, I, like a lot of other people were flagged within the 4 days prior to the NPC moving to Katta.

However my point was that enough people in RoI had to get up as early as possible in order to get Arx flagged. Bahdah might have just attended the 20min raid, but enough other people in his guild had to get Arx flagged to be able to plant the banner. i.e Part of the initial race was getting flagged as soon as possible in order to request the raid. RoI has enought folks who are dedicated enough to do that any odd times of the day/night, other guilds do not.
  11. Wando New Member

RoI had 3 or less attempts on 1-4 while on beta and one shot every event on live (cept for #2 when dps was to fast and kept bugging out books to make them unkillable and chain spawning from pushing the green boss to fast). So hats off to you if ya beat that, but then again why did it take over a month when 4 days in beta <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 30+ days on live.
  12. Wando New Member

oh oops 5 was won on the 3rd shot.
  13. Bahdah Augur

no no no.. the 20 min fight your referring to was Void... there was no 3 - 4 am for any Arx event. Progression for AM took us 11 12 hours ? i forget
  14. Insaneox Augur

Wasn't MS if this was pointed at us! We beta tested a few events with DEV team and did event 1 a few times ourselves.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

I'm glad ROI does this. I think a few of our members watched it, and while their strat is not what we used (different guilds, different makeups) it's very fun to watch how others do things. (and in some cases glean some kernels that may make you more efficient)
  16. Benzarden Augur

Who cares? ROI: You're a great guild. You are the unquestioned #1 guild in the game. Why do you feel a need to defend yourselves? Still only 3 guilds in the game to beat AM5. We really don't need e-p33n contests. The guild rankings at the top are fairly obvious.

I, for one, am happy that it wasn't a race to clear all the content on the first day this time. However, farming the same 7 raids for the next 10 months is still extremely lame. I feel like this expansion is a bad dream, and one day, I'm going to wake up to news that TDS part 2 is coming out in April.
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Qulas Augur

We will be streaming our raids again tonight!

Raids start at 7:30 EST.

Thank you everyone for the views and follows and hopefully tonight will be fun for everyone as well!
    Hembra likes this.
  18. Hembra New Member

True source of all our wins, good lookin bards.
  19. Vlerg Augur

To be fair, you can't really learn much from RoI stream; stuff die soo quick they don't do half their abilities.
  20. TheQxx Augur

I ate a half gallon ziplock bag of animal crackers last night.
    Teferi_Zebuxoruk, Iila, Enkel and 2 others like this.