Real concern with the suspensions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stuff&Things, Jan 3, 2018.

1. clohie1234 New Member

Thanks for the reply. Still think it's pretty jacked up yall let this go on for so many years then decided to suspend people instead of owning up to your own mistakes. I won't have to worry about giving money to dbg anymore. This is no different than for 1.0's, start suspending for that too.
  2. Risiko Augur

I meant a rollback for those who used the exploit.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  3. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

Except for the fact that it likely would have affected a large portion of the user base and not just those who actively used it. A rollback of what happened to that character would have webbed out a lot of directions most likely.
  4. Ninelder Augur

IMO they should roll back the cheaters to take away any of their ill-gotten gains they obtained by cheating. The expansion hasn't been out that long, they could just roll back the cheaters to expansion launch.
    Toriann likes this.
  5. Toriann Journeyman

People don't want that to happen either though. They want what they want, when they want it and don't want any punishments. I agree though that the cheaters should have the obtained loot yanked from them. Maybe even all the progress made. I'm so tired of people whining that they have been able to do this for years. THIS HA is different because of the VP key. At least that is my opinion.
    Whulfgar and Ninelder like this.
  6. Ninelder Augur

Its also the spells that you saw them selling in the bazaar for a million plat plus. You can't rollback anyone who bought them, but If you rolled back the cheaters that extra bit it would in someway be justice for the people who play by the rules. And maybe take away the plat they cheated as well. Just seems an easy and appropriate response.
    Whulfgar and Toriann like this.
  7. Stuff&Things New Member

8. svann Augur

A blocked charge for something that has not been used is not CC fraud.

OTOH, it could be argued that charging someone for a service you are not allowing them to use is.
  9. GoodGotSuspended New Member

its all a decoy for us to buy the expansion and going gold on accounts we usually dont play!
  10. Mims Augur

NM
  11. Yimin Augur

I think the real concern here is in what way the top guilds will finish ROS , if there is a big change in the top five finishers ,we will know who are the cheaters are !!!

YiMin
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. Critts Augur

Just call your card provider and have the number on the card changed. They will not be able to charge your account.
  13. narksar Augur

That has not been my experience. Some insidious banks *cough* wells *cough* fargo *cough* will sometimes allow "recurring charges" to continue, without input from you even if you change the account information and in spite of any objections you may have.
  14. Millianna Augur

They allow vendors to call and haggle. Your better off closing your account and opening a new account with another bank.
  15. Millianna Augur

In terms of safety, pre paid visa gift cards are the way to go.
    UncleUms likes this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Yank back all every stuff.. progression .. spells obtained.. augs.. make them start at square 1 .. if it were up to me I'd even hank back any and all plat obtained via trades with any and all new spells
    Bigstomp likes this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Some of us already know ..
  18. Blitter Elder

It will be more who enters T2 first rather than finishing first.

90% of the suspended players just got 7 days, so 2 cycles of lockouts. Even if 18/54 of the top guild got suspensions , they should still beat T2 with 36 (+6 ), and then it's just a matter of cycling in extras to get the T2 flags. It'll make very little difference to who finishes first.
  19. Mims Augur

I'm wondering how this worked out for other people, because it didn't work out well for me.

I submitted a ticket the day after the suspensions ended. The response was that they could charge the old rate to my CC immediately. My subscription doesn't run out until October, so I said I didn't want it charged now. That would be almost 2 years, and I don't even know if I want to play that long. I asked them to wait until October to charge me. To that I was told there would be no guarantee I could get my old rate.

More empty promises, I guess.
    kizant likes this.